Ch.8

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Dogday looked down at Catnap in concern, trying to stop his wounds from bleeding so much. "Angel?" He was beginning to panic, (Y/N) frantically looking around for anything medical. She found an emergency medical kit on the wall in a white, plastic box, opening it up and searching the medical packets for anything that can help.

She opened a pack of sterile gauze pads, looking for wounds that were bleeding the most. "Catnap, this is going to sting, okay, buddy?" Catnap, being scared instinctively grabbed onto Dogday's hand for comfort, like a nervous person getting an injection. Dogday looked down at Catnap's hand.

Pressing the gauze on the wound, Catnap flinched but soon settled down, used to the lingering pain. The pad soaked up some blood, and soon, the bleeding for the specific injury stopped. Dogday smiled down at Catnap, who looked up at him, really upset. "Dogday, I'm really sorry for what I did to you." The feline startled to ramble in apologies, Dogday listening silently as (Y/N) was patching up his smaller wounds with what she could.

She and Dogday looked at each other, unsure of what to say. Dogday shuffled back and stood up from Catnap when he was all better. His eyes widened to see Catnap looked like he was crying, wiping his eyes profusely and his ears pinned back. "Catnap, don't cry." Dogday walked over and patted his shoulder, Catnap looking at him through watery eyes.

Dogday nervously hugged his old friend, patting his back with his large hands. Catnap froze for a second but melted into his friends touch, hugging him back. Dogday felt himself become upset, tears rolling down his cheeks. They hadn't hugged in over 10 years, and they missed each other dearly.

Catnap was mumbling apologies into his fur, clutching onto Dogday's fur tighter. Whatever the Prototype did or said to him made him want to side with the ones he was told to destroy.

Kissy and Poppy reached the top of where everyone was, being startled to see Dogday and Catnap hugging. They walked over to (Y/N), clearly confused. "What's happening?" Poppy whispered, hopping down into (Y/N)'s arms. She whispered in return. "I think Catnap and Dogday are finally making up. Catnap has got a lot to do to make up for his actions, but I think he's willing to. He's crying, Poppy."

Poppy was very surprised that the feline was upset. "He was really crying?" She gasped, looking over at Catnap. She could see his ears pinned back and the glistening of tears from his eyes. Poppy didn't know he was even capable of being sympathetic. They never used to cross paths when the factory was open, as she was always in her case and he was underground in the Playcare. "Well, as long as he's not hostile. Are we taking him with us?" Poppy asked.

(Y/N) scratched the back of her head, uncertain. "Well, judging by the fact he's not letting go of Dogday, I'd assume yes."

.·:*¨¨* ≈🔆≈ *¨¨*:·.

Poppy was uncertain about Catnap joining them, but knew he could be a useful tool against the Prototype. He knew practically everything about the Prototype, or, she assumed he did, at least. Kissy shared her concern, holding her forearms and rubbing them in an attempt to calm herself down.