⚪~Prologue: Andham~⚪

Veiling the regrets we dismiss the repents of the past.
~Yaris
_______________________________

Gloomy shrouds of melancholia adorned the skies, inking the cosmic glitters as they knew what they were to witness

Gloomy shrouds of melancholia adorned the skies, inking the cosmic glitters as they knew what they were to witness. The whispery winds susurated their concerns as she walked with her trembling legs. Every step ahead slashed her soul but her numb gut drunk in the pain. She had seen bitter things and this too would pass.

Pass the horizons but memories?

A simple smirk beneath her black mask smoothened the thoughts her mind played. She tucked her ebonic coat. Apart from winters that tickled her spine, she had to hide the reflections of the potentially wicked metal that smiled at her recent sin. Those red slimes they wore were cunning yet a win. A win that could graze her needs for some time.

It wasn't the first time.

"Neither would it be my last!" She frowned as her heart hurried.

Her sudden rage woke a stray dog that howled from nearby. Scared a bit, she whistled to get it inside the shadows. If not for them, she wouldn't be surviving. After tossing chunks of biscuits, her eyes studied the greedy eats. She lowered her mask to catch some breath and bent down to look at those quivering black eyes.

Flavor of hunger and seclusion.

A simple smile waved her lips as she ruffled its untouched dark sheathed furs.

Empathy wasn't your language.

Her eyes scrunched as she realized bitterness retires when emotions thrive. But she knew she must keep it veiled if it was time to meet the marked eyes. Those eyes that would beg mercy to her stoned heart that counted their final breaths. Silencing the commotions, she started to leave. But the abrupt whines from afar alarmed her.

"Hell, no! It can't be-"

Before she could realize it, her sharp ears recognized the screams of sirens.

How could it be possible?

She closed her eyes recalling what she had done minutes ago. She had wiped everything clean except for the crib that was cradling a little life.

Shit! The code was Andham.

She gathered herself and turned to leave. But her shaky legs were slow making the cleaned blades fall out of her jean pockets. In a moment, she stopped the echoes with her simple shoes. But the four-legged friend began to sniff it.

Such a fatuous loser.

"I'm not!" She muttered as she snatched the metals. But the furry tails curled her legs, not allowing her to step ahead. In a merry, it lollygagged her foot jumping to reach for her hands.