WHERE ARE YOU?

Narrator

Danielle was so upset. She couldn't believe that her dad had done what he did. It almost felt like he wanted everything but for her to be happy.

"C'mon, baby. Where are you?" Dani kept trying to call Y/n's phone.

Driving back home seemed like an impossible mission with all the traffic, but Dani couldn't trust with Y/n right now.

All Danielle hope was that Y/n had gone to work for a distraction or that maybe Y/n would get over their anger and return home before she got there.

- Danielle POV -

"No, Dani. I haven't seen Y/n today," Y/n's boss told me.

I had gone to the park, the bus station, the train station, that crepe shop Y/n used to hangout at, Y//n's work, and just about everywhere I could think of.

"Dammit, where could you be?" I anxiously thought to myself.

"Have you looked at that hotel with the water fountain downtown? Y/n always talked about how nice that hotel must be on the inside," Y/n's favorite co-worker suddenly yelled from the granite floor.

"Hotel?" I thought to myself.

"I guess that makes sense," I whispered under my breath.

Y/n always talked about this one hotel they always wanted to stay at when they were homeless.

It was one of those fancy hotels that had really good amenities.

Y/n just wanted one night where they didn't feel like their whole life was crap.

I guess that hotel made sense for a day like this.

"I'll check it out. Thanks!" I yelled back.

I quickly got back in my car and drove to my destination as fast as I could.

"There you are!" I sighed out of relief when I saw Y/n's truck in the hotel's car park.

I unbuckled my seatbelt as fast as I got and ran out the car to get into the hotel.... but just as I was about to do that....

"Danielle?" I heard someone say from behind me.

I turned to see who it was...

And immediately ran into Y/n's arms.

"Where have you been?!" I tightly hugged Y/n.

"What are you doing?! What were you thinking?! Why would you just leave like that?!" My eyes began to water.

I felt Y/n's arms suddenly wrap around me, and I started to calm down a bit.

"I'm sorry. It was time," Y/n whispered in my ear.

"I didn't want to love you in secret anymore," Y/n softly kissed my forehead

I tried to relax a bit as I pulled away from Y/n's embrace. "Yeah, me too!" I awkwardly giggled.

"Are you mad?" Y/n had the softest eyes I had ever seen on them.

"No, baby!" I quickly cupped Y/n's face.

"I'm not mad. I was just worried that it might rain or something. I didn't want you going back to that park or sleeping at an asphalt filled room. How can I be mad when you're so brave?" Y/n's eyes looked like they wanted to cry.

"Well, I got a roof over my head tonight," Y/n sniffled.

"Yes, you do, baby!" I cooed at Y/n a little.