18. Radio Killed the Video Star - 8

Rio, you dumbass, don't.

I really shouldn't, he'll just look at me disgusted.

But he already knew, right? He's a gambler, for fuck's sake, of course he saw through my shit right at the start.

So maybe he won't be mad?

Oh who am I kidding?

I groan, getting out of my room and stomping down the halls and stairs towards the main area and the green, dimly lit bar. I'm such a fucking pain in the ass, but I can't sleep so soon so the bartender will just have to deal with my shit again.

Though, when I go downstairs and towards the supposedly faint green light, I just find no light at all, looking to an empty and clearly closed bar instead.

What the fuck?

I don't have much time to dwell on it, though, as I hear some crashing from a nearby room. Widening my eyes at the sound and faint struggling coming from the room, I walk towards the nearest light.

Just as I reach the place, though, Charlie and Vaggie arrive too as we all look at the scene: Angel holding Sir Pentious' wrist.

"This little bitch is a traitor!" He accuses the snake.

"Preposterous! I would never betray you. You... are my best friends!" The slippery demon hugs both girls as I step away from them so he can't hug me as well, looking confused at Angel instead as he groans, lifting off one of the books to reveal a camera.

"Ugh. Not the Vee's." I roll my eyes.

"Uh huh, then explain this!" Angel says, the snake bringing out a wrist watch as he tries running away from the situation.

"Ah! Ah! Abort! Abort! S.O.S! Agent Pentious in need of immediate evacuation!" He says and I sigh at his antics.

"Agent Pentious? That's a new low, even for someone who deliberately works for the Vee's." I mumble, groaning as I recognise the voice coming from the watch.

"Pentious? Wait… you were caught?! It hasn’t even been... a day!" Vox laughs mockingly.

"Please! You’ve got to get me out of here!" The snake pleads and I widen my eyes with realisation, instantly feeling my blood boil at the Cables Mess' next words.

"I can’t believe we thought you could handle even something this simple. Do us a favour, if they don’t kill you, go ahead and do it yourself! You miserable failure!" He says before his voice fades. I growl lowly at the device, my eyes flashing green even for just a moment.

"I... I... just make it quick I guess... not that I deserve it." Pentious says, curling in on himself on the floor as I frown at him.

"Gladly." Vaggie rasps between her teeth, preparing her spear. Before I can do anything to stop her, Charlie does.

"Wait! Pentious?" She offers her hand kindly to the unsuspecting demon, starting to sing.
"It starts with sorry, that’s your foot in the door. One simple sorry, spoken straight from your core. The path to forgiveness, is a twisting trail of hearts! But sorry is where it starts!"

"Who could forgive a dirtbag like me? I don’t deserve your amnesty." He chuckle at his theatrics. So, another dramatic little shit to add to the hotel, huh?

"Can’t we just kill him? Shoot him and spill his blood?" Angel and Vaggie sing, as I widen my eyes watching the pink spider's huge guns pop out of nowhere.

"That’s an option you could choose."

"Works for us."

"But who hasn’t been in his shoes? It starts with sorry."

"Sorry." Pentious follows the princess of Hell's lyrics as I lean back on the door, just watching.

"Dig down deeper and say one sincere sorry!"

"I’m so sorry!" The serpent leans on Angel dramatically before he's dropped down.

"And your journey’s underway!"

"It’ll take time to cover your/my vast multitude of sins. But sorry is where it begins. It starts with sorry." Both Charlie and Sir Pentious end the song while holding hands and smiling, and I step away from the door quickly as Nifty suddenly appears behind me, jumping slightly. When did she even get there?

"I hated that song! Why are you so lame?! Not a bad boy." She says, kicking Pentious before stomping away. Charlie sighs dreamily, leading us all back to our rooms.

"Good first day! Let’s get some rest!" She says, taking Vaggie's hand as the sinners all follow after them. I linger for just a moment looking at the watch on the floor, then shake my head dismissively before following the group, and placing a hand on the snake's shoulder, asking him the first thing that comes to mind.

"Is it true that snakes smell with their tongues?"