28. Masquerade - 5

"I was an Overlord once, you know." My ears perk up at this, my eyes widening in realisation. That... explains a lot. Husk smiles at both me and Angel's reactions to his words.
"Yeah, and uh... It was nice to have that power. But when you're dealin' in souls while also bein' a gambler, the stakes are pretty high. And losin' a few hands can be more than a little dangerous. So when you're down on your luck, you turn to anythin' to... Keep you afloat, even makin' deals with yourself."

Alastor.

The fucking creepy asshole. The news are no wonder, really, but still...

Husk smirks a little noticing my overthinking, though frowning as if reliving everything he's telling us.

"So I know what it's like to... Regret the choices made... And knowin' ya can't take it back." He says, sending me a small knowing look, and the words cut sharp, almost like they're meant to.

We stay silent for a moment, all of us deep in thought before the cat lets out a single breath, and smiles.

"So things look bad, and your back's against the wall." He starts singing, his deep voice sending chills as he smirks at me.
"Your whole existence seems fuckin' hopeless." He takes my hand, leading me up and around Angel before he picks up an umbrella from some nearby trashcan, just in time to stop a drunk guy from throwing up on the spider's still slumped form.
"You're feelin' filthy as a dive bar bathroom stall. Can't face the world sober and dopeless. You've lost your way, you think your life is wrecked." He keeps on singing, teasing Angel further with each word. It almost feels wrong to watch, but his smile tells otherwise, giving off his intentions so I just let him keep singing.
"Well, let me just say you're correct!"

"Wait, what?" Angel perks up offended, and I feel as Husk takes my hand in his, spinning me around graciously as I stare at him confused.

"You're a loser, baby. A loser, goddamn baby. You're a fucked up little whiny bitch." He teases, not letting my hand go as he makes me dance with him around the actor.

"Hey!"

"You're a loser, just like me."

"Thanks, asshole." Angel flips him off with a cute pout, and I pass by him with a growing smile as I watch Husk keep teasing him.

"You're a screw's-loose-boozer. An only one-star reviews-er. You're a power-bottom at rock bottom but you got company." He walks by the spider, finally letting my hand go and smoothly letting me sit besides Angel as he frowns.

"'Tis supposed to make me feel better?"

"There was a time I thought no one could relate to the gruesome ways in which I'm damaged." He sings while leaning on a wall, before crashing a window and I widen my eyes at the sight.
"But lettin' walls down, it can sometimes set you straight!" Something explodes from inside the broken window, green smoke flashing behind him.
"We're all livin' in the same shit-sandwich."

He sits in-between the spider and I, smiling softly at both of us, making me smile back effortlessly. Angel just keeps pouting though.

"I sold my soul to a psychopathic freak."

"Haha! And you think that makes you unique? Get outta here, man!" It's apparently Angel's time to dance with the gambler now, and I watch them with the softest smile, my chest feeling warm at the sight.
"We're both losers, baby we're losers, it's okay to be a-"

"Coked up, dick-suckin' hoe?" Angel asks.

"Baby, that's fine by me." Husk shrugs, as the pornstar smiles excited at the answer.

"I'm a loser, honey, a schmoozer and a dummy! But at least I know I'm not alone." Passing behind me as he sings, Angel lets his hand tease through my shoulders, making me shudder, a blush creeping up.