-16-

16.

R Y A N

My fingers were promptly moving around the keyboard. Being utterly engrossed at my work. Since I was in California, the important meetings I had to deal with were all clients till I had to return.

And now I was emailing them the schedule. Instantly pressing on the button enter, a gap left my mouth, as I shut my laptop down.

"Sir, would you like to drink anything?" The air hostesses asked as I replied "No I don't drink." "What about any beverages?" I thought of saying a yes, for the coffee.

But an instant thought struck my head, Kathy told me to reduce my caffeine while I'm working.

"No" I spoke while standing up from the resting lounge.

My hand made there ways to get the tablets which Kathy prescribed, it reduces my appetite towards drinking caffeine.

While I was chewing the tablet, I headed out of the resting lounge while making my way inside the first class.

As I entered, My eyes only searched for her. She was seated quietly. As soon as I observed her, my legs rapidly made their ways towards her.

I realised her head kept on moving right and forth. I sat on my seats. And grasped that her eyes were shut.

And she fastened asleep. It had just been ten minutes since I left for work and she slept ahead.

But her head kept on dozing back and forth. Shifting myself closer towards her I lifted my shoulders above. Since we did have a seating gap in between. It was tough to keep my shoulders up but I couldn't care less about it.

With my other hand, I slowly made her head fall onto my shoulders. A smile appeared on my face, feeling her near me. I tried holding onto my elation.

Once my eyes fell on her. Her face seemed tired and exhausted. It felt like she needed those sleep. Which was obvious throughout the day she was stressing herself to reach on time and get on this aeroplane anyhow.

As I recalled the incident which occurred today, she went through a lot. And I was clueless all along.

But I promise you Kathy, from now onwards there won't be a single day when you will be feeling sadness or sorrow.

I will always try to cheer you up.

Soon after while admiring her my eyes also started feeling heavy, I closed my eyes to fall asleep.

...

3 hours later. Announcement,

"Ladies and gentlemen, good evening." "It's 5:30 pm." "We have successfully reached San Francisco, I request everyone to fasten the seatbelt as we will be landing soon."

Hearing that, at a leisure pace I opened my eyes. While pressing my eyes hard. I rubbed my eyes back and forth to get a clear view. Suddenly I felt a darting pain on my shoulders.

Grasping, I turned my head towards her. She was still asleep, but this time she was closer than before. I could feel her small little breaths hitting on my neck.

It definitely made me feel something which couldn't be described in words. My eyes couldn't take off her face. I was admiring her once again.

How can someone be so splendid while sleeping?

Until her body squirmed, it was obvious since the noises around us were grewing. Her eyes started opening at a slow pace.

Wait, she is opening her eyes.