The Uninvited Guest [Chapter- 3]

Aqib is the only one awake at Adeel's place while everyone else has gone to their rooms to sleep, his restlessness manifests as constant pacing. He dials a number from his phone; the person on the other side picks.

"This couple will die soon! Be prepared for legal formalities to make me the owner of this property" Aqib asserts firmly. "I am going to finish them off very soon...My patience has reached its limit. My grandfather had been unfair to my father...but I will correct his wrongs. What is rightfully mine will be obtained by me."

The person with whom Aqib is on the call is their family lawyer who assures him that everything will go according to their plan. After some time, Aquib is trying to get some sleep. Darkness engulfs the room while there is absolute silence, but this quietness is disturbed by a sudden sound, which he ignores. After a few minutes, this sound is heard again, louder this time. It was an angry snarl. Just beside him, an unseen creature growls ominously in the dark. He gets up with a jolt, turns on the table lamp on his side, and looks around quickly. But perceives nothing anywhere in the room.

He believes his mind is playing tricks on him as he is stressed and tired. Shrugging it off, he goes back to sleep. Hardly ten minutes has passed, someone drags him by his leg towards the edge of the bed. He wakes up in shock, looks around but again there is one in the room. Scared and confused he sits on the bed, his heart is His heart is racing and his breathing is heavy. With perspiration trickling down his face, he nervously scans the surroundings.

He picks up his mobile and dials Caria's contact but she doesn't answer it. Restlessly enduring the entire night, he slips away the next day unnoticed and unannounced. He becomes aware of her accident and the fact that she is no longer alive. He immediately rushes to Shaman's place. On reaching there he finds the door of his house open.

The air hangs heavy with tension and fear as he enters and finds him lying on the floor unconscious. He is injured badly and, furniture lies overturned and broken, a chaotic jumble of shattered remnants scattered across the floor. On gaining conscious he tells that he was assaulted by something unseen. He asserts that the jinn is to blame, he has no power over it anymore. He tells that he doesn't want to work for him anymore and asks him to leave.

He leaves from there and straightaway goes to meet the lawyer at his house. The lawyer disregards the story he shares about last night's occurrence. He tells him that he is just stressed out because of the failure of his plan.

"My plan was perfect! I convinced Adeel to go from that deserted road where those guys were waiting for him. But those idiots left him alive...on top of that, they lied that when they left he was dead. I got myself injured to make it look like a real attack...but....those fools! They ruined everything." Aqib grumbles.

"I was infuriated when I came to know that he was alright and about to get discharged from hospital...I tried to contact those thugs to finish him off this time and his wife too...but couldn't find them...don't know where the hell are they...now I won't wait for anyone...I will finish him myself." He says.

"What about his wife? You can't have that property until she is alive." His companion corrects him.

"I'll think about her later...first I will get rid of him." Aqib asserts.

The next night Adeel is walking alone in a desolated alley. In the shadows of the dimly lit alleyway, a figure emerges wearing a mysterious mask concealing his identity .Without warning, he lunges towards him with a sharp glinting knife in hand. Adeel's heart raced as he felt the cold blade press against his throat, his breath catching in his throat as fear consumed him. In a matter of moments, his motionless body lay on the ground covered in blood.