二十六

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱⎡ 𝑰𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱
⎡ 𝑰𝒏𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "You know, I wanted this to be real..." (Y/N) murmured softly after a moment of silence, referring to her dream, snapping the demon from his own somewhat immersive trance. "I really did... yet, you came. Now, I have no choice but to face the fact this isn't real."

"You... knew?" He questioned, surprise blooming over his expression.

    "This dream helped me regain some few, precious memories that I had lost," she murmured as she knelt beside the broken flower to pick it up, trying to straighten the petals but to no avail. "But once something is broken..." Gesturing to the flower, its stem mangled and petals crushed, she continued, "It is not easily fixed. My life will never be fixed because of that man—because of what he turned me and Kenji-san into."

    The demon frowned.

    His eyes flickered to the young boy who was peeking at him cautiously from around the side of a building, he then quickly ducking out of sight when noticing his stare. It was then that the demon realized that whom (Y/N) was talking about was that boy—a boy from her past.

    His smile turned wicked.

    Oh...

    It would be so much fun if I were to kill him right in front of her.

    "Don't even think about it," (Y/N)'s eyes narrowed to dangerous slits, knowing exactly what the demon was thinking about after following his gaze. "I know he's not real, I know that this is all a fantasy, and I know why it is you're doing this."

    "Oh, really?" He smiled eerily, truly intrigued. "Please, do tell."

    "I can sense you have a great potency of that man's blood..." she continued with a raise of her chin, her form slowly changing to the demonic one of her reality instead of the child one of her memories. "I'm going to guess you're Lower Rank One? If so, you must want to challenge an Upper Moon. To do that, that man must want you to kill a Hashira... isn't that correct?"

    "My, my!" The now identified Lower Moon One clapped, thoroughly impressed. "Truly what a splendid ability! Can you read minds?"

    "No... but you are an easy person to read considering your behavior."

    "Oh?"