三十七

𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 ー 残酷な意図

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧⎡ 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 ⎦

⎡ 𝑽𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒕 ⎦

꧁꧂

    "(Y/N)-san!" Tanjiro practically jumped out of the bed he was resting in when seeing her walk in, giving her several bows of respect despite the fact that she immediately place a hand on his back to stop him in case he hurt himself. "It's nice to see you again! Thank you again for everything you've done!"

Oh, Tanjiro-kun..." she smiled as she guided him back down. "You don't have to get up to greet me."

"Well..." he rubbed the back of his neck, a bit embarrassed. "I'm just glad to see you again."

The girl—whom was presumed to be Aoi—that brought (Y/N) in after Misturi showed her to the Butterfly Mansion crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head, her dark pigtails decorated with two butterfly pins moving with her. When she had first seen (Y/N), she had been too afraid to move, practically trembling down to her knees. But now, Aoi seemed more at ease, especially with how Tanjiro interacted with (Y/N).

"Kochou-san said that you wanted to thank me," (Y/N) further continued as she sat down beside Tanjiro, pulling the sheets of his bed up to his chest so that he was warm, having seen the bandages that wrapped around his torso from his stab wound. "But honestly... I don't know if I deserve that thanks. I'm a demon."

"I don't think that matters," he replied fervently, holding her hand in his own which allowed her to feel the hard calluses he sported. "Both you and my sister are demons, yet you fight to protect humans. You protected me. That's enough for me to think you deserve my gratitude."

"If you truly think that... then I should be the one to thank you," (Y/N) sighed. "For believing in me... and everything else."

"To be honest with you..." Tanjiro began sheepishly as he released his hold on her to once more awkwardly scratch the back of his neck. "...I also called you here for another reason."

(Y/N) tilted her head at that.

However, in a moment, she knew what he meant when he gestured to the other side of the bed, and there crouching  down on the floor she found Nezuko. This was the first time that she had properly looked at the Nezuko, finding her to be quite pretty with long black hair tipped with orange that framed her face, large pink eyes, a bamboo muzzle in her mouth, and donning a pretty pink kimono with a simple brown Haori over that.