Chapter 8: Let's Break Stuff

——————————🎧——————————

Ambrosius and the Director sat in a vehicle flying over the city. Ambrosius was staring out the window, lost in thought, and the Director noticed it.

"Something on your mind, Ambrosius?" The Director asked.

He didn't say anything at first.

"It's okay. You can talk to me."

Ambrosius looked at her. "My mind? I've lost my mind. I've lost everything. The man I love, my little sister, my best friends...Although apparently they've got a new best friend, what's that about? And why is he always standing so close to my sister? What else is Bal hiding? Who is the real him? Who am I? A direct descendant of Gloreth? I never asked for that. (Y/n) didn't ask for that. Now everyone expects me to arrest Ballister and if I don't, I'm a traitor to you. If I do, I'm a traitor to him. Oh, and on top of that, I chopped off his arm! His arm! Who chops off an arm?! Because I was trained to? ARM CHOPPING IS NOT A LOVE LANGUAGE—!!!"

...

"I'm fine director."  Ambrosius told her, that whole previous rant only happening in his head.

Their vehicle landed on a very large platform at the Institute. Ambrosius stepped out and extended a hand to the Director.

"Ma'am."

"Stay strong Ambrosius. Your sister will be found. The blood of Gloreth runs through both of your veins."

They both turned to go inside, but stopped in their tracks when they saw Ballister standing by the door.

"Ambrosius..."

"Knights!" Ambrosius called, turning for back up.

Only to see all the other knights in a pile and Nimóne and (Y/n) standing beside them.

"They were like this when we got here." (Y/n) excused.

Nimóne looked at her and smiled at her using his previous sentence. They both walked past Ambrosius and the Director to stand by Ballister.

The Director glared at Nimóne. "You."

Nimóne glared right back. "Me."

"Ambrosius, the Director killed the Queen." Ballister told him.

"What?"

"Another desperate lie." The Director muttered in his ear.

"He's not a liar!" Nimóne snapped.

"He's innocent." (Y/n) insisted.

"See how that miscreant whispers in her ear, feeding her false information?" The Director whispered.

"I have proof." Ballister said.

He reached behind him to grab the phone, and the Director panicked.

"He's got a weapon!" She yelled.

As Ballister held up the phone, an arrow shot right through it, breaking it.