Chapter 12: Monster Attack

——————————🎧——————————

Todd punched Ballister in the gut, making him groan in pain.

(Y/n) tried to help him, but she was held back by several knights.

"You brought monster into our home. You should've stayed in the gutter where you belong." Todd growled. "Now where is it?!"

*THUD*

Todd stopped interrogating Ballister and looked around in confusion.

"Did you feel that? I feel like the whole place went 'wubba, wubba, wubba, wubba, wubba'."

The knights stepped outside and saw a black mass slithering through the thick wooded forest, heading right for the kingdom.

"It's headed for the city. Alert the Institute." Todd turned to Ballister. "If that thing destroys the kingdom, it's on you, bro."

The knights released Ballister and (Y/n), getting back on their vehicles and flying straight for the city.

Ballister groaned and tried to stand up, but fell back onto the floor. (Y/n) knelt by his side, and heard another thud.

She looked up at the shifting trees.

"Nimóne..."

...

The Director was walking down the halls of the Institute when a knight came rushing towards her.

"Ma'am, incoming report from Sir Thodeus."

"And? What is it?" She asked.

*THUD*

The Director paused just as she entered her office. She stepped outside onto her balcony and squinted into the distance.

...

Down in the streets, Ambrosius and several knights landed on the ground and began to clear the streets and set up a perimeter.

"Clear the streets! These people are in danger." Ambrosius ordered.

*THUD*

He paused, and stared down the street at the darkness of the forest. He narrowed his eyes and watched as black smoke seemed to seep from the trees. Then, several pairs of blue eyes opened, revealing the face of the creature. Nimóne lifted his head and stood at full height, being almost as tall as the buildings in the city.

...

The Director's eyes widened, seeing the giant creature.

"It's happening." She whispered. "Sound the alarm! Sound the alarm! Hit it with everything we've got."

...

Nimóne roared loudly as he stepped into the city, walking down the streets. He was immediately met with people panicking and knights and drones firing at him.

Todd races forward on his vehicle, several knights behind him.

"Alright monster slayers, let's throw some darts and break some hearts. I'm gonna be a herooooo...."