I'm Sorry!

The bright sunshine light hit your curtains, some fazing through and entering your bedroom. The light immediately shines at your face, making you slowly wake up. You groan softly as you were about to change positions. You move around freely, getting into a relaxed state. Suddenly, your eyes shoot open as you realize you don't feel any of the smiling critters on your bed. You get up fast, zooming out of bed to check where they were. As you ran down the hall, you trip on a wet spot, making you fall face first. The loud thump caught the attention of the critters in the kitchen doing God knows what.

You groan loudly as you get up from your face. DogDay immediately rushes over and tries to help you, but his small body does nothing.

"A-are you okay?! Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! W-we—we w-were!...."

DogDay looked like he was about to burst into tears trying to explain the situation him and his friends caused. You rub your face to try to soothe the pain. DogDay was desperate for an answer, afraid he and his friends might have crossed the line. Once you finally removed your hands away from your face, you notice DogDay crying softly. Immediately, you pick him up, trying to calm him down.

"Hey, it's okay....I'm fine, see?..."

You say softly to him, showing him your slightly bruised face. It might have not looked bad now, but for sure later on. He whimpers softly, examining your face.

"B-but.....a-aren't you mad?..."

He says stuffy. You look at him confused.

"About me tripping? Of course not. It was partially my fault for not looking where I was going."

You reassure him, patting his head. You hated seeing him in distraught. Even though he was the most happiest out of all of them, he sure did know to become the most anxious one. You figured it was the need to keep his friends and him out of trouble. Considering his friends and him just got a new home, he didn't want to lose it due to something they did. You stand up with him in your arms. You wipe his tears away and give him a little kiss on his cheek. He takes great pleasure in this, his tail wagging like crazy. The other critters scatter to where you, looking apologetic and worried. You look at them and chuckle softly.

"You guys sure did give me a scare! I thought you all left and made a mess—.."

Just as you turn the corner to walk towards the kitchen, you see your kitchen trashed with all your fridge contents spilled everywhere. You don't finish your sentence as you gawk at the scene. DogDay noticed this and immediately shifted back to anxious mode. The other critters stood next to you nervously. All while CatNap napped on the table.

"What..."

You begin, speaking in disbelief.

"Happened here?"

You finally turn to look down at the other critters. They all look at you anxiously and fiddle with their fingers. DogDay immediately tries to make the situation better.

"W-we were just trying to m-make you breakfast! S-since you have been so n-nice to us, we thought we'd return the f-favor!"

He stutters anxiously in your arms. I look at him and sigh, placing him down with the other critters. He looks sad and confused, walking over to your leg, tugging your pajama pants.

"M-Momma?....I-I'm sorry....Momma!"

He whines, wanting your attention. You groan and crouch down to their level, the other critters flinching slightly. You rub your head and look at them.

"It's okay....don't worry. I'm not angry, just...disappointed..."

You say looking back at the mess they all made. You wince slightly at the thought of having to clean and restock everything. DogDay looks at you heartbroken. Even though you have claimed you weren't angry, he still took everything into too much thought. You stand back up and look at the other critters.