9 - Jasmine

☆

☆.。.:*

I don't even know how this has all happened. One moment, I was on the ground outside the nightclub after fainting, and now, like, twelve hours later, I'm in some fancy pub-restaurant thing that serves food for ridiculous amounts of money per plate. Getting myself out of bed where I was comfortable with August was a bit much, but the promise of a date of good food and a glass of wine lured me out. After, of course, I had a shower of my own and not with him.

I managed to put makeup on, sort some sort of hairstyle out and make myself look presentable while he showered and got back in the same clothes from yesterday – though in the hospital, he was in scrubs, so his clothes are still fresh. The crisp white shirt he's wearing fits him just right, showing a bit of muscle and making me want to take it off him while his grey smart trousers bring out the darkness in his eyes perfectly.

Staying with the green theme I've got myself in since leaving Josh, I've picked a green flowery dress with see-through sleeves to hide the splint on my wrist as much as possible. My fingers can still work, but it's bloody difficult to do anything. Putting makeup on was hard work, and I had to take the splint off to do it, but I managed it.

I've decided I'm Superwoman. That must be it.

Or maybe it's the fact I finally have August back in my life.

They say a soulmate is someone – whether romantic or not – who makes you feel complete because it's two halves of one soul meeting. I don't even remember when I started believing in it, but once I did so much research on it and found the concept of rebirth and reincarnation. I truly believe in it, though I'm not religious. They say in some beliefs that your soulmate seeks you out over several reincarnations until you equal out your karma in the world. When that happens, you and the soulmate find each other again and be together.

I wonder if this is it; August and I have finally equalled out our karma and are back together again.

Or am I spouting complete bullshit and I'm just deep in lust? Maybe both.

He's at the bar, ordering drinks and adjusting his glasses while he waits. I feel lust – this morning definitely confirmed that – but it feels more than that. I feel safe around him, and like I can be myself. Weirdly, though I'm a bubbly human being when I'm myself, I feel calmer around August, like I don't have to watch what I say or where I go, what I do and check everything around me.

The thing about soulmates is, they say when you find yours, it's like everything clicks into place and you just know – whether your soulmate is romantic or platonic or whatever – and while I feel it now, I'm convinced we're soulmates. No, fuck that, I know we are, but yet I keep doubting myself, and I'm pretty sure that's because of the aftereffects of Josh. Around him, it felt like anything I said was wrong – even if factually sound – and that I had to act a certain way, only talk when spoken to and to certain people. My flame was doused out.