196: Are You Stupid?

"I always thought spirit duoluozhongs were just tricksters and killers," the girl remarked sweetly, smoothing out her gloves as she stood on a train seat, pressing her foot onto a gray-faced man's neck. Her Mary Jane seemed to be a special item, as the man could not move despite his struggles, confined to the same spot. The girl extended her arms, enclosing the brain within them. Lin Sanjiu had no chance to escape.

"You must be a clever duoluozhong." The girl chuckled, her expression a mix of glee and absent-mindedness. Her gloves glowed as she approached Lin Sanjiu.

Mrs. Manas was consumed with worry. "What should we do?" she fretted repeatedly, causing Lin Sanjiu a headache.

As the gloves neared her, Lin Sanjiu shouted, "Shut up!" With that, she immobilized all her Higher Consciousness and directed it forward.

Just before the gloves could touch the brain's surface, the girl gasped. She quickly stopped and retracted her attack. The grayish-white brain before her had transformed into the shape of a dagger. Though it didn't appear particularly sharp, the girl hesitated, facing such a situation for the first time.

The girl turned and shouted, "Bro, I found the brain. It can even morph... Huh? Ahhh!"

A loud thud startled the teenage boy, prompting him to leap up and rush to his sister's carriage.

"What happened?" he asked upon entering, only to freeze in place, The, he covered his mouth as his shoulders shook with laughter. He remained by the carriage door, doubled over.

"Why are you laughing?" His sister, sprawled on the ground with a nosebleed, glared at him. "Hurry up and find that brain! That shitty thing punched me and ran off!"

After relishing the sight of his sister's predicament, the boy reluctantly agreed and casually began searching the carriage's rear.

"Are you blind? Maybe it's outside the window! Go to the fourth carriage!" his sister snapped.

Meanwhile, Lin Sanjiu, in dagger form, used all her strength, condensed without her body, to knock the girl off balance. Tears filled the girl's eyes as she staggered, her nose still bleeding profusely.

Her brother had vanished from sight for a while and hadn't returned. A strange, dough-like entity, resembling a stretched human body, slithered toward the girl and exhaled a cold breath on her neck. Holding her nose with one hand, the girl instinctively punched without turning to look, sending the creature flying.

"Bastard! How dare you hit me?! I'll crush you, you stupid duoluozhong!" The girl wiped her tears, her face flushed with anger. "Bro, where the hell did you go? Why aren't you back?"

Her brother's voice came from a few carriages away, barely audible over the train's noise. "Rena, let me ask you something!"

"What?" Rena snapped, her tears subsiding. "If you're not searching for that brain, what do you want?"

"Do you really think the brain is a spirit duoluozhong?" Her brother sounded unruffled—he wasn't the one who was hurt. "It's strange... Our anti-corrosion outfits protected us from dark matter perfectly. We haven't been assimilated, so how was it able to touch you?"

The girl froze for a second.

In Kisaragi Station World, dark matter corroded everything at varying rates, with humans and human-related entities having the fastest corrosion rates. Most of the original human inhabitants had perished, either succumbing to the corrosion or transforming into supernatural spirits, duoluozhongs.

When someone from another world arrived in Kisaragi Station, their body initially remained unaffected by dark matter assimilation. Consequently, they couldn't touch or perceive spirits, although the spirits could see them. This changed only after the individual had been corroded to a certain extent by dark matter.

If the brain was able to touch her...

As the girl sat on the floor, dazed, her brother approached, accompanied by a sluggish gray brain floating above him. Lin Sanjiu, having relaxed her control, naturally reverted to her brain form.

"There it is!" The girl exclaimed, her accessories jangling as she jumped up.

Before she could pounce on it, her brother quickly turned sideways, shielding the brain. "Hold on! She's not a duoluozhong!"

The girl gaped at her brother.

"It's kind of your fault for killing things on the train." Her brother grinned, hands in his pockets as if he hadn't taken part in massacring those spirit duoluozhongs. "She attacked you in self-defense; it was kind of inevitable. But I had a nice chat with her."

"Chat?" The girl frowned. "It's just a brain. How do you talk to it?"

Lin Sanjiu immediately demonstrated how they communicated.

Though she had only used her Higher Consciousness like this a few times, her control had improved considerably. The brain elongated and divided into subsections, each transforming into letters that spelled out: ARE YOU STUPID?

There was even a question mark.

Kisaragi Station || Apocalypse Paradise #3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें