219: Suspicious Mrs. Manas

The three people lay on the floor quietly. After a while, Lin Sanjiu realized that her surroundings had grown silent. She immediately flew up from the ground to look and found the siblings with their eyes shut. Both of them had fainted. Reno and Rena's wounds were worse than she thought, especially Reno, who released those explosives too close to himself. Countless metal shards covered his legs. Blood mixed with fat cells oozed out from his wounds, making his pants stick to his legs. Lin Sanjiu wanted to but couldn't even check his wounds.

With their body conditions, they naturally weren't going anywhere.

After searching for the two siblings, Lin Sanjiu found a knife. She morphed herself into two fingers to pinch the knife. Then, she used the knife to cut Reno's pants, revealing his large patch of ghastly-looking wounds. The gear which had been damaged appeared no different from normal tattered clothes. Lin Sanjiu cut off a few cleaner bits of fabric and cleaned the area around his wounds before stopping. Quite a few pharmacies were nearby, but the rubbing alcohol and medicine in those stores were already corroded by dark matter long ago. She didn't dare to use those things on the siblings, who were now very weak.

And just like that, Lin Sanjiu stayed by the unconscious siblings' side, guarding them a little anxiously. Based on her own judgment, she fed them some water they had with them and placed headrests made of rags under their heads. This was the limit to what she could do. The siblings could only depend on their body constitution to recover.

The skies grew dark once again. Considering this, daylight in Kisaragi Station World lasted only four to five hours. In addition, there were always gray, gloomy clouds in the sky, creating an atmosphere devoid of life.

Darkness came over them, covering the scenery with a quiet, dark shadow.

'This is weird. Are there no survivors in this world?' Lin Sanjiu thought, overcome by boredom, as she circled the siblings.

Corpses eventually attract flies. Similarly, the two half-dead humans on the ground attracted many duoluozhongs. Sometimes, when Lin Sanjiu wasn't as vigilant, she might find a greenish shadow looming between the siblings. She chased them away every ten minutes or so and even exorcised a few duoluozhongs. They gave her quite a bit of trouble.

Originally, she told Mrs. Manas to keep an eye out for her so she could do a bit of training. However, she was called to 'chase away flies' every few minutes. Naturally, she couldn't do anything but let her Higher Consciousness recover at its own speed. Luckily, her training over this period was not in vain, and the recovery speed of her Higher Consciousness was now much faster.

Under the tar-black skies, two motionless bodies lay under the pale, white light that shone from the interior of the train station. A skull floated around them as a few vertebrae slowly formed from the top of its spine. "If anyone saw us, they would probably think that a duoluozhong had just killed two people, right?" When that thought disappeared from Lin Sanjiu's mind, she suddenly heard Mrs. Manas grumbling, "If you are that free, can you think of something more positive?"

'Huh?'

Almost as if lazy to explain herself, Mrs. Manas activated Lin Sanjiu's Higher Consciousness scanning ability and presented the image to Lin Sanjiu. The area it covered was much wider than Lin Sanjiu had seen previously, so she was shocked.

"Stop acting like a country bumpkin." Mrs. Manas sounded very unhappy. "Your ability has improved, so it is common sense that you can now scan a wider area. Is this something very shocking?"

That was theoretically true. However, Lin Sanjiu had been conserving her resources, so she always kept her scanning range only within a radius of a few meters. Because of that, it had become something habitual to her. When her scanning range was pushed to nearly one kilometer in radius, she couldn't adapt to seeing that much detail in such a large area. At the same time, Lin Sanjiu found out why Mrs. Manas was unhappy.