✰. . .confrontation

CHAPTER SEVEN[ real life ]

CHAPTER SEVEN
[ real life ]

real life !

"luce, are you okay?" delilah asked the girl. lucy sighed, dropping her body into the couch in the music room. layla was the last to walk in behind lilah, closing the door so they had more privacy to talk.

"me? lilah why are you asking me if i'm okay? i need to be asking you this" lucy responded, slight irritation in her tone from how selfless lilah was.

"i'm sorry" lilah replied, her voice barley above a whisper. she allowed her head drop a bit, scared she was upsetting her friends in some way.

"don't apologise" layla shook her head, walking up beside lilah as she put her hand down her arm in a soothing manner "there's a reason why we didn't say anything, if you aren't ready to tell him then thats okay"

"it's not even just that. i could tell him it's just.." she sighed hopelessly, letting herself fall onto one of the seats whilst layla placed herself down in a chair also. "he seems so giddy with her, like he seriously likes her. and when is it that chris has ever actually really liked someone like this? never. i don't want to take his happiness away just because caitlin's a horrible—"

"—bitch" lucy and layla interrupted, staring at lilahs with straight expressions.

"i was going to say person, but bitch works too" lilah cracked a smile, staring at her two friends and feeling more gratitude for them more then anything.

"listen, lilah. you know we love you. like, so much. but just please think this through and don't be an idiot. if chris really does like this girl and he somehow gets with her. how are you going to feel knowing that your best friend got with a girl who bullied you relentlessly since middle school?" lucy pointed out, trying to guide her friend to see the situation from a different perspective

lilah listened as she bit on her lip anxiously, she seriously disliked the idea of snitching to chris's about caitlin, it would be ruining his happiness and she hated seeing chris upset.

even her knowing that she would be the cause of that? she couldn't do it. plus with the way he's acting around caitlin, she knew how upset he would be if she asked him not to speak to her anymore. it was selfish of her

"lilah, they've been texting for what? two, three days? he'll be fine" lucy rolled her eyes, waving a hand around in the air

"hold on, i'm still confused on how the fuck chris didn't know she was bullying you in the first place" layla pointed out, furrowing her eyebrows together.