Chapter 14

'Is it mine?' Jack whispered in a sarcastic tone, mixed in with something that looked like true confusion.

'What? Of course not' Elizabeth almost seemed irritated while holding her hands against the baby in her belly, but soon she saw Jack's sleek smile, and a laughing sigh came from her lips. Cutler had moved himself into his chair again after rolling his eyes at Jack who was now standing in front of Elizabeth.

'I'm not sure if I can handle the sight of Will. If we'll go to the Locker, there's a big chance we will see him' Elizabeth whispered. It seemed as if she still wanted to come, Cutler was confused as for just some moments ago he was sure she wouldn't cause of her being pregnant.

'If Will sees I'm carrying his child, he might do something that will ruin our chance of ever being together. After the ten years of his curse that is, of course' Elizabeth too moved down in her chair again. Jack nodded, and so did Cutler.

'But I owe it to Kate to at least try' Elizabeth continued after a little pause in between, where the rushing sound of the curtains in the open kitchen window welcomed in a warm breeze.

'Are you sure love?' Jack whispered and moved down his hand upon hers for a slight moment. Elizabeth nodded, her brown eyes moving to both men. For a moment Cutler remembered the resemblance in Elizabeth he saw before, resembling Kate, the same headstrong determination to not just wait around and be rescued, like a damsel in distress.

'I'm tired of sitting around and waiting' she whispered once more. Elizabeth was not going to wait out her husband's curse. Just like Kate she always felt like there was a way out, a hope and it needed to be tested for every possibility. That, besides Elizabeth felt like she missed the adventure, and looking into the dark brown eyes of the man who had never failed to expose her to that kind of adventure, she again felt like the little girl from years ago.

A few days later everyone had settled aboard the ship again, the ship along with the crew Jack and Cutler had recruited at Tortuga. Elizabeth standing at the helm next to Jack watched the sunrise in the early morning, dawn just setting in the ocean's weaves were beautifully lit up by the orange rays.

'I still don't understand why we wouldn't sail the Black Pearl. She can withstand a lot more than this.. wreck' Elizabeth spoke while Jack watched her fingers touch some of the worn-out robes that held together the poorly sown sheets of the ship's sails. Cutler, who was steering the ship now, had to lower his face not to smirk. Jack seemed almost proud for a moment when Elizabeth seemed to miss his beloved ship so much too, but he soon lowered the corners of his mouth as he realized the Pearl was impossible to find.

'She's.. gone' Jack whispered while taking a sip from his morning rum, as he had called it, like there was a difference between any of the rum bottles he opened during the day.

It had been two days since they had sailed after leaving Elzabeth's home island. They knew the destination, but by hearing Elizabeth's directions, it seemed like knowing the destination, was only going to make things worse. They needed to be lost, in order to find the Locker. And that was something that almost seemed impossible with both Cutler and Jack aboard. They both were the most genius sea navigators Elizabeth had ever encountered, she had to admit. So now just drifting along the weaves of the ocean was what they were doing, trying to think of a plan.

'I wouldn't be so sure about that.. Captain' Cutler suddenly spoke after a moment of silence. Jack looked at Cutler still steering the wheel of the ship, as he had finally been allowed after almost two days of discussion with Jack. But Jack too had noticed it seemed as if Cutler had a plan. And even though Jack didn't like to admit. When Cutler had a plan, it most of the time meant something was going to help them. Cutler always thought everything truly through, before acting up on his plan. Cutler had been taking over the ship for the whole night by now, and Jack for a moment seemed curious as where to he had led them and watched Cutler pointing his index finger at something in the far distance, appearing on the horizon, just barely touched by the first rays of the morning sun.