Chapter 3: A friendly faces

Alisha POV:

After leaving the restaurant, Mom was way too quiet for the whole ride. I dont know what made mom so tense, all I want to spend some quality time with mom. After Dad's death, we hardly came out to enjoy ourselves. Most of the time we immersed ourselves in professional life to escape loneliness. But, now after a long period, we came out for dinner. And I dont want to leave with any unpleasant memories. As I turned towards the window I saw an ice cream parlor on the way. And its the only thing that will lift our sour mood. I smiled at this thought and turned toward Mom Mom can we have an ice cream please . Dear isnt it too late for us to have sweet besides, its cold weather too . No, Mom its the only thing that I will eat at anytime. Besides, you promised me a treat. Remember?. She laughed at me as I made puppy eyes at her . Fine lets have some ice cream then. She agreed easily which made smiled at her goofily.

We parked our car and entered in ice cream shop which welcomed us with a warmness

We parked our car and entered in ice cream shop which welcomed us with a warmness. Also, it got busier with kids and couples. I felt peaceful and harmonious by watching their smile. I turned towards Mam who was watching towards an older couple who held their hands as sharing cone I can see pure adoration and love in them. I know mom recalling dad as I saw her she smiling sadly. I know she misses our family which was in complete in absence of Dad. I sighed Mom? Are you okay?. Yes, dear Will you please order for us till then I will find a spot. Sure, what shall I order for you". for me just coffee . I nodded at her as she find a spot near the window side table. I went to order and came back to where she sat. Mom turned towards me and smiled warmly So, dear tomorrow at which time do you have an interview? oh, it's at sharp 9:30 am. I hope it will go smoothly . Of course, It will you are talented,had good grades. If you ask me they are the ones who is lucky to have an employee like you. I laughed at her . You know Ali you were always mingled in either study or job. I know am not giving enough time to you as I am frequently busy with patients but I want you to enjoy and live your life like a normal girl do at your age.i nodded at her I know I was once a confident and bubbly girl, who wants to enjoy every moment of life carelessly. But, things changed so does my nature. Now, I became silent, timid and shy. I believe with time I will change. After some time A boy came with our order and placed it on our table as I winked at me. I blushed when I saw he added an extra toppings in my order. Gosh ! He is such a cute and handsome waiter. I looked over his badge which says Brian. He has a nice name too Thank you Brian I said shyly. My Mom rose her eyebrow at me and Brian and then towards my order. After he left Then mom start to wiggles her eyebrows. I chuckled at her someone had a crush. As my face turn every more red with shyness .I already ordered different flavored scoops that to mint chocolate chip and pistachio with moose track extra topping which made me drool.As I look up I saw that mom watching amusingly. Hey dont eye my ice cream mom, I am not planning to share . Dont get me wrong I can do anything but not gonna share my desserts ."haha no dear am good with my coffee". As I started to savor the taste I felt like someone is watching me intently. I stopped eating and look around but saw no one is there so, I shrugged my shoulder and continued to have ice cream. After we finished we went directly to our home. I was tired and sleepy may be because of extra Sweet.