Chapter 5: fortune teller

""You often meet your fate
On the road you take to avoid it""——-

After meeting with her friends Alisha starts to return her safe place . On the way she can see the gritty streets of city where the sun set painted the sky in the shades of orange and crimson. Her mind was numb till she reached home. When she enters in her home all she felt same hollowness like her heart . Her mother didn't returned yet. She went to her room then entered in bathroom after she freshened into some comfortable clothes she stood by her window where she could see a sparkling of moon starts to lightens the darkness. Her mind still unable to process about the things which revealed by her friend. All this time she hides her secret. There are so many things which made Alisha worry. She sat on her bed and stare into thin air as she recalls her friend warning
5 hours ago
Alisha pov :
Everything was good in my life until we watch the sensational video of mine which makes our atmosphere tensed. Annie was ogling at the devil that she unable to listen Lilly's warning. but I get confused by Lilly's now pale face.I raised my brow at her in a questionable manner to which she open her mouth and closed it like a fish. "Lilly ? Are You okay ?". To my question she hardly nodded. As we continue to talk specially Annie explaining enthusiastically that her new dish which she prepared and would love to introduce to her customers . "Am sure it will be delicious dear" . I complimented her . I am so proud of her the way she supports her father restaurant is amazing. She even left her dream when she got a chance to work under a large company which offered her in a business management field in London . Yet she didn't want to leave her parents nor her father's dream . Annie is only child for their parents so, they loved and pampered her. after an hour during our discussion we heard Annie father called "Annie where are you? We need a hand in here. Will you able to come early ?" "Yes dad sure I will be there in 30 minutes. I am with Alisha and Lilly ". To which her father greeted us by saying to visit their restaurant. I smiled at this father and daughter duo's nature . They always cheerful and lightens people's mood. After she cut the call. " guys !I have to go " . "No problem Ann we can meet later " as I said she stood and hugged both of us and left. We saw her departure figure I know Annie pretended to like she is carefree and she took the responsibility of her father's wish yet somewhere she earns to work in her dream company.she is one of the most selfless and responsible girl. I hope she will tumble to her dream .

As she left I turn towards Lilly who was way to quiet whole time which is unusual . " Lilly are you okay ?" to my question she hesitate to answer like she doesn't know how to express. I look at her with confusion " Annie what is it? You are acting weirdly". Before I could enquire more she holds my hands " Alisha , listen very carefully that person how you met him ? Did he knows you?" I looked at her in confusion " whom are you talking about ?" " that person who is in video do you know him?". " No , it's just mere interaction where I stood up against him". To my answer she starts to bite her nail which she always does when she is nervous "Alisha that person to whom you met is not a normal person he is devil himself. No one ever dare to cross his path. he will never spare anyone who damage his reputation. yet you went against him moreover this video will provoke his inner beast . " before Lilly could continues " Lilly, he is just seem to be a businessman and I was just being assertive ". "To the world he is young handsome businessman and a gentleman but it just a false display . in reality he is a walking vulture who ready to feed on innocent people soul. Alisha, all I am trying to say is he is not a good person to cross with." I can see sweat beads start to form on her face "Alish , you need to protect yourself. I am sure he is already start make a move to reattribute your actions . Before it can become you must run or " she hesitate to complete her words . "Or what Lilly ". She took a deep sigh " or you have to beg him to spare your mistakes". I widened my eyes at her advice how could she say something like that "I know Alish right now you may dislike my advise but before it get too late you have to act smartly to escape from his wrath ." I stare at her "Lilly how you know so much about him ?" To my question her eyes fills with tears " because, he is the reason behind drake's death " as she say hot tears roll down her eyes . Drake is Alisha's. 2nd Elder brother who was talented in studies but his friends were rich in college and they were in to some shady business .due to his nerdiness no one ready to be his friends he was mostly alone during his college life . Yet he always try to impress his friends which leads him to meet up with some deceptive people. At first he was happy but as time pass his behavior starts to change which lead him to backlog in education. One day he went with his friends to celebrate some party but he didn't return . Police and our parents try to search him but after 2 days we found his dead body without his head . By thinking it only makes me shiver down on spine. Drake was so close to me like my brother . I still miss him . It's such an ache in our heart whenever we remember him . As I was thinking about him my tears streaming down on my face . We never found the murderer but police said it was an animal attack. Lilly parents and her elder brother try to apply case but they withdrew it. " Alisha , no one knows except my ex boyfriend Joseph. He knows this and informed me . but the moment I step forward to reopen my brother case in court. Then came this devil Xavier knight who was behind everything which runs in this states . His men threatened Joseph with his life . So, he left this mess and me to move further in his life . " I was shocked to listen this "Xavier is in to all illegal stuff which happens in our country he is a mafia lord and morning he rule his corporate world but night in shadows he kills people to satisfy his demon " after she completes she break down. Lilly always act like normal happy girl .i never knew she bear this much behind our back ." Why didn't you tell any of us Lilly ? We were best friends who share everything ". " they threatened me if I told this to anyone then they would kill them . Now, I have to Tell you this because, you were now under his radar . I can't imagine what that demon will do just because you innocently dare him". After listening this my face went pale what I got myself in to?
" Alisha you are not alone in this I will be with you no matter what you understand?" I nodded at her " what I have to do Lilly ? I am scared ". I whimpered she got up from her chair and hugged me tight "hey nothing will happen to you I will make sure of it. I have some friends who works in his company they can help us ". "Can't we take help of cops?" I asked her hopefully " He controls whole state including government too. We need some external help " by the time she completed I shrunk further in to her . " Alisha , I promise I will find a way but right now you better reach home . It's already start to getting dark " . She knows I don't like darkness I nodded at her " Lilly we shouldn't tell this to Annie. We can't drag her in to this " to which she nodded understandingly.
After I came out from cafe vibrant city lights lightens in busy streets. People returning to their home . Before I cross the street to take bus. I saw a big bulky man in all black standing in alley way and staring at me . I get nervous I hope he is not his men . I better take cab so I can reach home safely.

Present continue

As she about to lay she hear her phone pinged to which she thought it might be one of her friends. Before she check another ping noise reverberated in room. She checked both messages came from some unknown number in which first one says
" don't fear my doll ,I will try to get easy on you. Soon " my hands start shake after reading this message. Somewhere somewhat she knows who sent this message . She breathed deeply opened another message " good night doll for now".

Her mobile slipped from her shaking hands . No no no it can't be how he able get her number . She hurriedly went to downward but her mom didn't came yet from work . She missed her mom and dad . She sat on sofa while waiting for her mom . As time passed she felt drowsiness and slowly her eyes start to dropped. It took her some minutes to go her in deep slumber. Her shivering vulnerable figure lays on sofa which was soon engulfed by sudden warmness where a pair of hands covered her petite form in a duet. A hand caressed her baby hair to which Alisha hummed. " soon doll".

 " soon doll"