Chapter 10-Time and Again

[Kamisa's Quarters]

Kamisa was asleep in her quarters, he dark red hair spread across her two pillows when the computer wakes her up "it is now 0600 hours" it said and kept repeating. "Shut up" grumbled Kamisa burying her head in her pillow, she didn't get to bed until 0300 hours, she was on the holodeck and lost track of time, she made a holographic version of Romulus and added her family members and friends. It made her feel comforted. The computer went off once again, Kamisa threw her pillow at the ceiling "alright, I'm up" she snapped, she chucked her uniform on and brushed her hair, she got her off her mother meaning it was really wavy.

[Bridge]

Meanwhile on the bridge, Tom Paris is handing over helm to his relief, a Starfleet woman. "Holding course three five one mark one zero, warp seven. We'll be passing a red dwarf system in forty minutes. I can't tell you if there are any M-class planets." said Tom, "You ready?" Tom asked "no, I really want to get on that transtator assembly diagnostic." said Harry. "Harry, I can't do this alone." said Tom. 

"I'm sorry." said Harry. "You're making a big mistake. Can't you see what's going to happen? We're the only humans out here, Harry. People are going to start pairing off, and if we don't get to the Delany sisters in Stellar Cartography soon, somebody else will." said Tom, he was in love with Kamisa but didn't know if she felt the same, especially when they hardly knew each other. "I've got a girl back home." said Harry. "So what? I've got five." said Tom. "I plan on seeing mine again." said Harry. Tom shakes his head. "Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry, Harry. You really think she's going to wait for you?" Tom asked. "I hope so." said Harry. "Let her go. Let her have a husband and kids and a good life, while you and I have the Delany sisters." said Tom. "I told you, I need to run a transtator diagnostic." said Harry, Kamisa walked onto the bridge, "hey boys" she said walking to Harry's station, they nod in greeting. "You need to run a self-diagnostic. Look, they come as a pair. It's a double date or no date. Come on. I told them all about you." said Tom. Harry looked up worried. "What did you tell them about me?" Harry hissed. "Well, for one thing, how you broke the single pilot speed record at the Academy." said Harry. "Record. I never broke any record!" exclaimed Harry quietly. "And who are they going to check it with?" asked Tom. "What are you two talking about?" Kamisa asked "the Delany Sisters" said Harry frowning, Kamisa laughed "Tom's been after Megan for months" she said.

Something hits Voyager, starting it shaking. Kathryn and Neelix stagger in from the Briefing room. "Report!" said Kathryn. Tom and Kamisa hang on in Harry's station while, while everyone keeps losing their balance "we're at the leading edge of a shockwave." said Tuvok.

[Kes's quarters]

Kes wakes from her sleep and sits upright. 

[Bridge]

The shaking stops. "Minor hull breach on deck three. Contained. Shields are holding." said Harry. "Engineering is undamaged, Captain. All systems operational." said B'Elanna over the comm. badge. Tom takes back the helm and Kamisa sits in her seat. "Mister Paris, can you identify the source of the wave?" asked Kathryn at the helm "I'm not sure. Scanners are picking up a debris cloud in the red dwarf system we're approaching." said Tom "it consists of differentially charged polaric ions, Captain." said Tuvok.

"Differentially charged? That would suggest a massive detonation. Are you familiar with any intelligent life forms in this system, Mister Neelix?" asked Janeway "familiar? Not exactly familiar. Considerably less than familiar, actually." said Neelix, Tessina raised her eyebrows. "Adjust course to investigate." said Janeway, "aye, Captain." said Tom. A short while later, Kes has dressed and enters the Bridge. "Entering the system Captain. Heading zero one zero mark four. Deflectors at maximum." said Tom. "Kes, what are you doing here?" asked Neelix "I had to know." replied Kes, "know? Know what?" asked Neelix.