Chapter 26: Injured Determination

Warnings: Injuries, acid burns, blood. A lot of blood. Creepy creatures, as shown in the above picture.

🌺

(Y/n)'s POV...
The demon spat a shit ton of purple acid toward me. I barely managed to evade by a few inches and the acid ended up hitting the tree behind me, burning a hole in it. The acid was powerful, to say the least.

Zenitsu screamed in surprise, crying. "What is that!?!"

"Breath of Twilight, First Form: Shooting Stars." I aimed at the spider who was hanging by a web, leaving himself open to any attack. However, he avoided it by jumping onto a nearby tree. The demon spat acid at Zenitsu next. He jumped away from the acid, right into the cluster of small human-faced spiders. He should be fine, though.

Or not.

Most of the spiders jumped right on top of him. Zenitsu screamed once again, that stupid human. "Help me!!" he cried out. And... fell unconscious?

I didn't get the chance to save him as another cluster of human-faced spiders ran toward me. I slashed half of them, jumping away from the rest. The demon generated spider webs and hurtled them right at my face. I ducked in time.

A bolt of lightning passed through the forest.

The spiders on top of Zenitsu were slashed and disintegrated in an instant.

"Breath of Thunder, First Form." Before I could even blink, he aimed at the demon's neck who instantly jumped away from the attack but had four of his legs cut, making him lose balance as he fell on the forest floor.

Zenitsu fainting isn't a bad thing at all.

I took this as a chance to cut the spider's neck. He spat acid once again at me, out of which a portion hit my arm. It made a sizzling sound. At least my arm didn't get eaten by the acid, though the portion of the uniform that the acid had hit was dissolved.
It did fucking hurt, though. My entire lower arm burned like shit. I staggered back a few steps.

The creepy-spider-with-no-hoes laughed.

"Breath of Thunder, First Form: Thunderclap and Flash." The air around me vibrated and a blinding flash of light filled the surroundings. "Six Fold."

Was it just me or was the ground trembling too?

🎗

"Get back here, you're seriously injured!" Tanjiro shouted at Inosuke who was now proudly standing with open, bleeding wounds.
"Haha, no. I'm not injured at all!" he argued.

Tanjiro looked at him with a deadpan look. "Well, you see that blood? That's an obvious sign of your injuries, Inosuke."
"I said I'm not injur- YAY, ANOTHER OPPONENT!" he ran towards a female demon standing on the other side of the river by the stepping stones who looked frightened. She was wearing a white kimono with spider web patterns. She appeared to be a girl in her teens with a milky-white skin complexion, snow-white hair, and red dot-like patterns on her cheeks.

 "Because of the scent flowing throughout the mountain, I didn't notice her at all," an alarmed Tanjiro thought. 
"I'LL CUT YOU IN HALF!" Despite Inosuke's speed, the demon had run away before he could reach her. 
"FATHER!" she shouted before disappearing into the forest.

A demon jumped out of nowhere onto the forest floor, sending vibrations like an earthquake. A demon approximately eight times the size of Tanjiro a huge stepping stone in the river, sending waves across the river. "STAY AWAY FROM MY FAMILY!"