Wattpad Original
Ada 3 bab gratis lagi

Ch. 13

The morning after the fundraiser, I wake up with morning sickness on steroids.

I'd call in sick if I didn't need this overtime. I woke up four times last night with awful nausea, eventually giving in at four when my body said no more. I have to practically sprint across the car park to the lockers, throw my stuff in there and escape to the ladies' toilet to throw up again.

Margot did warn me her sister-in-law always said morning sickness isn't for mornings only, but we put it down to the fact she was carrying twins and had double the baby growing. I swill my mouth out with the travel mouthwash I brought, shoving in a couple of mints afterwards.

The locker room and corridor are empty, Jude's private workshop door open as he leans over the hood of a Bugatti Veyron, muscles on full display. He looks up when I pass by and gives me a little wave.

Kyle is standing by the photocopier when I reach the reception, chatting about last night as I top up the refreshments. It's another busy Saturday, with the possibility of it running over into this afternoon. I let Jude know I am okay staying later as he covers double the work for Nathan, who's out on a day trip date with Gabby, the girl he's dating.

I dread what they'll get up to after his kidding around on the dance floor last night.

The owner of the Bugatti Jude's working on, Mr. Davidson, sits in the waiting room.

Apparently, he bought the car after selling his seafood company for two hundred million pounds, and after a sneaky Google search, I see the car would have set him back almost one million pounds.

"I've always loved cars," he tells me. "I worked hard all my life, you know? So I figured, why the hell not? But now the engine light is on, and I'm wondering if it was worth it."

I'm listening, but a flash of long black hair outside side tracks me. I roll in my chair to get a look through the window, but there are parked cars in the way.

A second later, Vivienne pops her head through the reception door.

"Oh, hey!" She gives me a sickly-sweet smile, then turns her attention to Mr Davidson. "What car's yours?"

"The Bugatti, love," he replies, incredibly humble for someone who's crazy rich.

Vivienne beams. "Well, don't you worry. My man is working hard on it."

"Oh, you're with Jude?" he says, genuinely interested.

She giggles. "Sure am."

I stare at her. Nathan's right.

"Viv, what are you doing here?" Jude asks, stepping through from the workshop.

She tries not to wince at his lifeless tone. "I brought you breakfast. Thought you might need it after last night."

"Last night?" He's too busy searching the other computer to pay attention to her.

She death stares at him. "Yeah. Last night."

Quietly and without much emotion, he slides his gaze up to her. I run my nails over my knuckles, feeling the simmering tension. Mr. Davidson has taken himself outside, thanks to Kyle asking if he could go over a few things with him. It's probably for the best.

As soon as the door closes and the reception room is empty, Jude lets loose.

"Which part of last night? The part where you embarrassed me by dry-humping my leg at a charity function or sleeping with my dad?"

My tongue very nearly slips down my throat from the way I swallow. "Erm, I think I hear my phone ringing."

I get up to leave, but Vivienne is mad enough to shout back while I'm still there.