24. 𝘊𝘐𝘕𝘌𝘔𝘈.

TW.

" chapter twenty—four. "
.CINEMA.

☆•. 24. | AS the two walked closer to the cinema, distracted by a conversation, Henry felt his heart drop the minute he made eye contact with Harry — one of the boys Nick said wasn't coming. Nick, noticing how silent Henry had become, turned to look at the group in the distance. "All right. Look, Nick and his best mate." Harry laughed in the distance.

"Fuck." Henry looked down at his shoes, shoving his shaky hands in his pockets.

"Oh." Nick sighed, glancing at Henry.

It wasn't just Harry. Ben was there too... and so was Aaron. Henry felt like all eyes were on him, judging him — that's because most of the group were staring and making jokes about him and his twin brother, Charlie, who wasn't even there. Louis had decided to take Charlie on a date somewhere, he had spent the past week asking Henry what Charlie would like to do.

"I thought they were—" Nick tried to explain.

"It's fine." The brunette looked up at him. "I-it's fine. You, Uh, didn't know. Probably a.. a last minute change, that's all."

"I'm so—"

"If you say your sorry, I'm punching you." Henry joked, pointing a finger at his face. "It's not your fault, they're assholes — no offence — it's what they do. Torment."

"None taken." The rugby boy smiled, slightly thankful the boy didn't get angry. "Let's go?"

Henry looked back to the group, who were mostly chatting away to each other and completely forgetting about the other twos existence. He nodded. But as they walked through the dark hallway toward the cinema room, Henry could feel the eyes of Aaron burning through the back of his skull.

"Why can't any of you ever bring a girl with you?" Harry laughed.

"Let's get popcorn." Nick placed a hand on his shoulder, dragging him toward the counter while the other boys continued forward. "Do you prefer sweet or salted? Or we could get a mix of both."

"To be honest... I'm not hungry at the moment, sorry." Henry shook his head. "You can get some though, can't promise I won't end up stealing any."

"Rey..." Henry felt Nick's hand get placed on his arm — it sent butterflies through his stomach as he glanced down at it. "...are you okay? I honestly had no idea they'd be here. I wouldn't have suggested we come if I'd known."

"... Rey?" Henry laughed. "Did— did you just call me Rey?"

"Uh... wow, that just slipped out." 

"No, no, say it again. Oh, go on."

"No. No."

"No, say it again. I actually kinda like it, better than Hen — then you're just calling me a chicken." The brunette smiled, leaning against the counter as he looked at the other boy who just smiled.

"Now I'm never calling you it again. Better yet, I'll start calling you Hen instead."

"Oh, well, still a nickname though. Either way, I win!" The guitar played pointed at him before gesturing to the popcorn. "Go on, get your popcorn if you're getting it... you weirdo."