Chapter 1

I rushed into the nursery, running from Wishgranter. I giggled and hid behind a small cot for sick patients. "Is anyone there?" He called. "no, Shoo!! ha!" I uncovered myself. He giggled quite a bit as well. "well Secretholder, its not tag if you uncover yourself.." Just then we heard footsteps. "oh! Hide Wishgranter!"

I tucked back into my hiding spot behind the cot, and Wishgranter rushed to join me. "shush! Quick!" Just then, Powercarver walked in, talking with another nurse. "No Truthspeaker, we cant take the day off, its under the queens orders." Huh. Truthspeaker.. we stayed quiet a moment longer, before eventually uncovering ourselves. "Boo!!" 

Powercarver jumped back with such urgency he fell back into Truthspeaker. "AH! oh.. I-uhm.." He stared a moment longer before putting a mix of unsettled and angry on his face. "Don't scare me like that." I barely heard what he said, and ran up to him for a hug. One thing i learned from him was he wasn't one for hugs. He hesitated for a moment, and tried to hug me back. 

He jolted up, as if he was remembering something. "Oh! Its your hatching day Secretholder!" I looked back at him as I'm processing what he said. "Oh!" But then it finally set in. "Oh.." Secretholder knew what that meant. It meant she would live by herself. She was six years old. Old enough to go to big fancy meetings and have her own sleeping cave. She knew she wouldn't be able to handle that. And yet, she couldn't do anything about it.

"Is a specific time good, or do you want us to choose for you?" She shifted her weight from side to side as she looked down, and after moments, she looked back up to put her focus back on Powercarver. "If you chose it for me I would really appreciate it.." He looked at her unsure for a second, but eventually nodded. "Okay. Ill work out a time with greatness. Oh! Your gonna have you own cave!" He said as he walked out with Truthspeaker.

After I was sure they were gone, I sighed heavily, and sat on the cold, stone ground. He was scared to at first, but then, Wishgranter sat next to me. "Hey.. Being alone in your very own sleeping cave.. It sounds great! Why- Why are you so upset about that? His presence always brought warmth to me. "Its not just a sleeping cave." I chuckled at his logic. "Its maturity, and all these things I'm not so sure about. I'm not just a cute little dragonet, I'm independent." He looked at the ground for a moment. "Well.. I'm here for you. Y'know, my mom tells me all about these story's. I bet she would give you such good advice. Come!" 

Before I knew it, Wishgranter was dragging me to him, and his parents sleeping cave. "Mother!" He called. He brought me in. "Oh hi!" A tall slender nightwing greeted me. "Nice to meet you! I'm Secretholder. She looked at every little detail of me before looking back at my eyes. "I'm Skyrider." She had hints of purple in her scales. I noticed she had a row of four red scars along either side of her neck. They were like little holes. I could tell she caught me looking because she said "These are just scars from when an angry dragon came in. We bonded over it though! Her name was Sightseer." 

What. I hesitated before finally saying, "Sightseer was my mother.." I gave her a wide grin. "Oh Moons!" She said. "We saved you! You were beautiful. I can't believe I didn't recognize you!" She gave me a slightly lose embrace, unsure if i would be okay with it. "Okay.." Wishgranter interfered. "I love family reunions and all.. but i would really go for some food right now. Me and Skyrider laughed, as if we were both used his shenanigans. "Alright, little one." She patted me on the back, and sat next to a few fish, and she pushed a few to me and Wishgranter. He was definitely hungry. But I didn't need to rush. I wanted to take in the new information. Could she tell me about my mother?

 "Ogh.." Wishgranter said with his mouth still full. "Doug yog haugh tiphs fougr.." "Wishgranter!! Ew.. swallow first!" I said, scooting away from him. After a few moments, he finally swallowed his food, wiped his mouth, and cleared his throat. "Okay. What I wanted to say was that Secretholder needs tips on living independent. She just turned six!" Skyrider turned her attention from her food, to me. "Hm? Well, to start.."

For the next ten to twenty minutes, Skyrider told Secretholder about all the things she learned from living by herself, and finding a partner, and it helped Secretholder feel more confident. As the sky got darker, and they got drowsier,  Secretholder returned to her now temporary  home. She hated how those words felt in her mind, in her mouth, everywhere. It felt like forever ago when her mother passed away, and those two years she would live in the nursery felt like centuries, but just as she came, she was going to live in her own cave. 

She thought about what Skyrider said. We bonded over it. Her name was.. Sightseer. Those words repeated in her head. My mother. She was the sweetest. The long nights after she passed away, I would think about the story about the dragon who got reincarnated as a butterfly that she had written for me. It comforted me, But every night, it also made me furious. Why was she taken from me, why didn't she tell me? Is it my fault? Oh no, is it my fault.. 

This has happened before. When I drown myself in thoughts, one thought strings onto another, and another. I would lose sleep over it. I was finally interrupted [which i wasn't  exactly upset about] By Powercarver. "Oh moons! Secretholder! why aren't you in bed?" I suddenly realized with horror that it was midnight already. I looked back at him. "Yeah your right.." I yawned, and curled up in my cot. Powercarver lit the rocks under the cot to warm me up throughout the night and My thoughts drifted off into nothing as I settled into sleep. 

------

words: 1051!!

A/N

Hello! Thank you so much for reading This chapter. Tomorrow I'm flying out to NYC and since I've never been I want to rlly take it in!! I might write a bit, but def not a whole chapter. Love you all!!