Chapter 2

I love sleeping. I love looking forward to the end of the day to just forget everything, and fall into deep slumber. But mother always used it as an excuse to call me a Rainwing, or some no good, lousy insult to wake me up to learn.

But the worst pain is waking up. Wishgranter shook my body in a very not-so-gentle way yelling "c'mon ya big lump of pig lard!! We have to get ready!" His voice was not helping how my back was sore and my mouth was as dry as the Sandwing kingdom.

"Ugh! Fine!" I finally called after he had shaken me up enough to kill me. I slowly shivered out of bed and stumbled to the nursery floor to stretch, and at least try to comfort my back ache a little before the ceremony. I walked over to the bin of fish and complementary pork chunks. growing up, it was my "snack bin"

I grabbed some fish, choked it down, and followed wishgranter to his mothers resting cave. She had a whole feast ready for us by the time we had gotten there. Frankley, Wishgranter seemed unimpressed. But this was amazing!

I sat down, trying to act proper, but much to soon, I was already swallowing down heaps of cow belly. I guess they had noticed because they eventually stopped to stare at me. Once I had finally noticed. I froze in place for a few seconds, before they shrugged it off and continued eating. After some moments, Skyrider looked at me.

"Ahem.. so.. you excited?" Excited didn't even describe what I felt. I felt annoyed, sad, scared, worried, anything but excited. "um.." I started. "I'm feeling.. happy?.. I guess?" I still had a face full of fish and chicken, and realized how fast i was eating. My appetite slowed down and I stood still for a few moments until i got up. "Erm.. Skyrider? I was curious if i could just pack up my things in the nursery? Y'know, before the ceremony.." a few moments past by while skyrider swallowed her food, which felt like an eternity by Secretholder's  internal clock.

"Of course." She said, and after a few seconds it was followed up by, "we will be waiting here." I nodded at her, and ran to the nursery. I stepped inside, and grabbed some snacks, and found some sheep's wool blankets to keep me warm. I tied them up using a sturdy, thin vine i had found while hunting, and left it by my bed. I walked back to skyriders cave, slow enough that i might be late.  But skyrider caught on when she stepped out of her sleeping cave, because she stepped out to talk to me. "Hey, secretholder. I know the situation your in. It feels scary at first but i promise. You will be okay.

———
SORRY LATE CHAPTER I GOT SICK AND SHIT BUT THERE WILL BE PART TWO

words: 477