Kill!

Veritas:

The agony of a thousand taken lives resonated in the smoky gray eyes that this person had.

But his voice was soothing, unlike anyone he had ever encountered before.

The black robed King looked at the seer with a tilted head. "Veritas, tell me what you think about this situation?"

"I would suggest less murder and more order." Veritas responded in his cool tone. "Our Kingdom is falling apart, and according to your ideals..."

The Dark King unsheathed his sword, which drowned Veritas' words.

"You are the smartest fool that I have at my disposal. Don't try to change my mind, or else you will face the consequences."

"Thank you for that, Your Majesty." He responded.

The King smiled, teeth forming a perfect crescent that looked eerie in the small throne room. Veritas was struck by alarming thoughts. If the man stabbed him right at that moment, no one would care or even protect him.

"Good inputs. I must ask you to leave for my meeting." The Majesty said, dismissing him.

"Thanks for the hospitality, my liege." The seer bowed and left the room.

Veritas wiped the drops of sweat that had collected on his forehead. He knew that whatever he said would never have an effect on the King's corrupted ideals.

However, even though he didn't act scared, Veritas privately shuddered from the visit. He was alive because of what he could see that others couldn't. Sadly, his foresight didn't help him save the countless innocents that were murdered by the Black King's forces every single day. Even though he had tried his hardest to keep as many people he could safe, Veritas was risking his life every single day on the court.

Most importantly, he had stopped being able to see the future after coming to the palace. It was risky to stay, but the old Rider took every precaution.

Veritas etched every single nook and cranny of the castle within his mind. If there need be, the seer would escape.

Veritas stopped at the junction. Alastor walked out.

"12 silver." He said.

The cunning man stared at him. "15."

"Deal."

The two walked to the underground passages nearby the sewers. There was no other way to communicate without being overheard because there were guards all over the area and metal bars that were inside.

Even with the countless books his late mother had read him as a child, there was no mention of it being a makeshift prison.

"25 thousand soldiers are going to storm the Cutlass Isles and Pinewick. Mines in Pinewick for the funding of the secretive substance, Cutlass Isles to retrieve the other secret substance. King's plans materialize in 2 months." Alastor said in a hurry.

"The same substances that no one knows about?" The seer said, trying to spot possible deception.

Alastor nodded. "Yes."

"Ok. Anything else?"

Alastor opened his mouth, but a man backed by shadows appeared from the doorway and raised a palm 3 times.

There were arrivals at the sewer system. Veritas could feel his heart jumping out of his chest and bolted without exchanging any more words with the informant. It wasn't that often when the Underground was checked, but the gesture meant trouble was coming. Veritas had to move quickly and make his way out before he was caught in the impending chaos. As he navigated through the labyrinthine passages of the sewers, the old Rider's mind raced. The information he just obtained was crucial.