Sun dogs

Another semi-normal day in smiling valley.

A certain love-themed bear was sitting in her beehive shaped house, mulling over a dilemma she had.

Her very best friend Craftycorn had recently revealed that she has feelings for the sunny leader of their group, the one and only Dogday.

Bobby of course was very excited and immediately promised to be the best wing woman ever and help Crafty get the guy of her dreams.

However there was a minor issue...

She'd already promised Catnap the same thing.

He revealed that he too had feelings for Dogday after Bobby had noticed that he seemed lonely lately, and wanted to help him feel better.

Crafty and Nap of course didn't know they both had feelings for the same guy, and Bobby hoped they'd never find out, cause that'd probably lead to all kinds of drama.

So now she was forced to choose which one will get the guy and be happy, and which one will get their heart broken and probably be sad and hate Bobby for the rest of their days.

She sighed solemnly.
"If only there were TWO Dogdays..." she whispered.

Later that day, she was walking through a field of pretty dandelions and thinking about what to do, when suddenly, she spotted a fully bloomed one.

Bending down, she gently plucks it, admiring it's beauty.

Closing her eyes, she holds it to her chest and whispers...

"I wish there were two Dogdays."

Before gently blowing on it, the seeds scattering away and blowing away in the wind.

Opening her eyes, she smiled. She did feel a bit better, turning around and starting off home.

Maybe tomorrow would bring her answer.

~the next day~

Morning rose on the other side of smiling valley, and the sunny leader of the smiling critters was just waking up from a peaceful slumber.

Getting out of bed, he does a few stretches before noticing something.

There was someone else in the bed.

'Wait, Catnap isn't staying over right...?' He thinks as he goes to uncover the mysterious being.

Looking under the covers, what he saw made him freeze solid.

There was another HIM.

Before he could faint or freak out or anything, his doppelganger starts to stir, opening his eyes and seeing Dogday.

Both their screams were heard throughout smiling valley.

The clone immediately shoots out of bed, the two dogs eyeing each other with fear and curiosity.

Looking at his doppelganger, Day could see that a few things were different. The color patch over his left eye was on his doppelgangers right eye, his ears and tail were fluffier, and instead of a normal sun, his pendant was a spiral with a starburst around it.

"W-who... are you...?" He slowly asked.

His double gulps. "Um... I'm you.... I think..?"

Day shivers. "W-wait if you're me then... who am I...?"

The other dog shakily shrugs. "I don't know..."

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door, causing both of them to immediately look.