02 || two

25th July
Mumbai, India

Shivaansh looked down at his cellphone, a small smirk turning up the corner of his lips. He watched as Officer Aditi Kashyap received a call, and her look of patience changed into one of confusion—— her eyebrows furrowed, forming a V. He watched as she had a heated debate with someone on the other end.

With a satisfied grin, he walked back towards his family, smiling softly as his younger sister blabbered about her college friends in London.

"And do you know what she did?" Shivani was waving her hands around—— just like his mother used to, he recalled with a melancholic smile. "Aisha just splashed the entire jug of fruit punch on Cillian."

"Aur phir?" Radhika, Dhruv, Kalyani, Aruna, Jahnvi, Rohan, Fahima and Mohan all leaned in with anticipation, waiting for Shivani to complete her story.

His sister hummed, "Nothing. They didn't talk for a week, and before we knew it, they were dating." She shrugged, stuffing her mouth with a gol gappe.

"Huh?" Dhruv blinked. "So your friend threw fruit punch onto him and now they're dating?"

"Yeah," Shivani shrugged.

"What kind of love story is this?" Radhika gaped.

"Khidkitod," Shivani grinned. "Ekdum takkar ki ishq."

Shivaansh shook his head lightly with a fond smile before he sat down on the couch beside his paternal great-grandmother. "PD," Shivaansh turned to Kalyani who nodded. "Do you not think that we should start preparing for the arrival of our damadji soon?"

"Abhi bhi shaadi nahi hui hain, Bhaiya," Radhika rolled her eyes, despite the clear blush on her cheeks as they stretched wide into a smile.

"Haan toh? Jiju proposed to you six months after dating. Aur ab it's been about five months since you two got engaged." Dhruv shrugged, with a cheeky smile as he shared a high five with Shivani.

"Shivaansh is correct," Kalyani declared. "Radhu, when is Varun arriving in Mumbai?"

"He said that he should be here within two to four days," Radhika answered.

"Tell him to let us know when he will be here, so we can hire someone to plan the welcoming party," Shivaansh remarked.

"When are Mom, Dad, Om Chachu and Gauri Chachi arriving from London?" Dhruv asked.

"They said they will be here for Di's wedding festivities." Shivani replied, stuffing another gol gappe into her mouth. She giggled as she noticed Shivaansh's face scrunch in distaste. "Bhaiya, not everyone can eat as healthy as you, okay?"

Shivaansh rolled his eyes, "This is unhealthy to the highest degree."

"You're much more of a white washed coconut than I am," Shivani chuckled. "And I lived in London the longest."

"Okay children," Jahnvi interrupted before Shivaansh and Shivani could start bickering again. "Andar chalte hain, chalo."

As Dhruv and Radhika steered everyone back inside with Shivani's exuberant voice and far-fetched tales filling the silent night air, Shivaansh turned to Rohan, Fahima and Mohan.

"Find out what Officer Aditi Kashyap wanted to talk to Jahnvi Dadi about." Shivaansh instructed. Rohan and Fahima nodded before walking off to do as instructed. "And Mohan," he turned to the other man, "make sure that the prasad is sent to the temples and the orphanages tomorrow, on time."