two point five

Twenty five years ago

"Di?" Gauri Singh Oberoi giggled as she watched her elder sister muttering under her breath while walking down the stairs. "Is everything alright?"

"Nahi," Annika frowned. "Nothing is alright Gauri. Your Jiju has gone mad."

"Ab kya kiya bechare Jiju ne?" Gauri chuckled.

"Bechare?" Annika scoffed as she walked towards her and Bhavya, before sitting down on the couch ear them. "Kis angle se woh bechare hain?" She groaned, "If anything it's me who's suffering."

Bhavya and Gauri exchanged amused glances, "Lekin hua kya hain Bhabhi?"

"Your freaking Bade Bhaiya has decided to make my life a living hell!" Annika declared. She stood up and walked towards Bhavya and Gauri, placing a hand on her hip, with her back towards the gates of the mansion. "Do you know what your pyaare Shivaay Bhaiya decided to do?"

Bhavya and Gauri shook their heads simultaneously.

"He has decided to become my personal dietician," Annika faked an exaggerated look of happiness before her face morphed into a scowl.

"Awww, so sweet," Gauri laid her head on Bhavya's shoulder, as she beamed. "Jiju is so attentive towards you, Di."

Shivaay, Omkara and Rudra—— all three who had just entered the foyer—— exchanged looks. While Shivaay smiled smugly, Rudra and Omkara exchanged amused grins.

"I wish he wasn't," Annika huffed. "By the time this baby is out, Shivaay will have transformed me into a female version of himself."

"Woh toh aap waise bhi hain," Gauri mumbled. As Annika arched an eyebrow, she smiled and cleared her throat. "But that isn't such a bad thing Di." she said hastily. Eyeing Shivaay, Omkara and Rudra who stood behind Annika, with her sister's back facing them, she grinned. "Jiju hain hii itna smart and organised. Good skills to have, wouldn't you say?"

Shivaay grinned.

"Gauri, please," Annika raised a palm with an annoyed frown. "Jiju ki chamchi maat ban." Shivaay's smile was wiped away, as he arched an eyebrow at his wife's back. "First of all, he always eats healthy. Never takes risks. Listens to those boring podcasts and reads those weird pregnancy books." Omkara and Rudra held onto each other, placing their fists above their mouths as they struggled to not laugh out loud. Shivaay's face grew increasingly annoyed. "I'm telling you Gauri," Annika continued—— ignoring Bhavya and Gauri's wide eyes. "You know what I should do? I should call my OBGYN and tell her to tell Shivaay that he should stop reading those dumb books and listen to me. When I tell him to get me aloo puri and pav bhaji, he should get them from me, aur woh bhi raste se." Annika looked up at the ceiling dreamily.

Shivaay's eyebrow raised even higher if possible.

"Erm, Di," Gauri laughed nervously, trying to discreetly point at her brother-in-law who stood behind her sister.

"Arre, shush, Gauri," Annika placed a finger on her lips. "Tera Jiju naa bilkul Zaalim Singh Oberoi ban gaye hain. Kitna sweet tha three months ago. And now? No flowers. No morning breakfasts cooked by him. Just that stupid cham-cha——"

"Chamomile tea," Bhavya corrected.

"Haan wohi," Annika waved her off. Bhavya and Gauri exchanged amused glances. "Exercise, jab unhe pata hain ki mujhse exercise hota nahi. And don't get me started on the baskets of fruits." Annika stomped her foot. "Maan toh kar rahi hain ki uss baagadh bille ko main——"