Chapter 23

Y/n POV

"RISE N SHINE EVERYBODY" Amari yells, banging pots and pans throughout the complex.

Normally I would be pissed off but it's game day! I quickly got up and saw Azzi slowly waking up as well.

"Happy gday Az!" I say with excitement. We're doing really well this year and we secured a bye in the first round of the BET (Big East Tournament). Meaning today was technically the semi finals. We're ranked 1 overall in the big east and are undefeated in conference play. What can I say? I have a great team.

"How do you have so much energy?" Azzi groans, laying back down.

"How can you not? It's game day!" I walk over to her and pull her out of bed. We both change into our warmups and head to the kitchen for breakfast.

We sit down and start eating the feast that Evina and Carol cooked for us. The moms are doing their thing.

"Y'all literally cooked" I say, shoveling a giant piece of bacon in my mouth.

"Well our superstars need to be fed well for the game today!" Evina said.

"You're literally on the team," Azzi said laughing. We all laughed at what she said and finished up our amazing meal.

I headed back to me and Azzi's dorms to grab our bags. I'm headed back downstairs when all of a sudden I run into Carol. Something's wrong though...

"Carol, are you good??" I say, quickly rushing over to her. She shakes her head.

"Carol, tell me, what's wrong?"

"My head... it hurts so bad... they're arguing." She says pointing to the door she just came out of. Whoever's arguing I will need to deal with later but now I need to take care of Carol.

I rushed her to her dorm and gave her Advil and some water. I gave her an ice pack and told her to lay down with it on her forehead until I came back. I turned off the lights and quickly rushed downstairs to see what all of the commotion was.

I could hear... it was Paige and Azzi. But not just Paige and Azzi, there was a third voice.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Aubrey POV

Everyone's peacefully eating in the kitchen until we get a knock at the main door. We all go quiet and look around to see if anyone is expecting something. Nothing. Evina, being the mom she is, gets up to answer the door, and Carol trails behind. She opens the door and looks out.

"Oh hell nah" Evina says. Evina opens the door a little wider for everyone else to see who was at our doorway. Saylor Poffenbarger. Carol quickly steps next to Evina, not letting her in. As Paige and Azzi quickly get up.

"Where's Y/n? I need to speak with her." She demands pushing past Evina. Carol quickly steps in front of her but Saylor pushes her head back hard. Carol stumbles a little but doesn't let her get through.

"Get out of here!" Paige yells.

"Not until I speak with Y/n"

"What if she doesn't want to speak with you?" Azzi intervenes.

"And what are you to say for her?" Saylor says, getting up in her face.

They keep arguing back and forth, yelling, eventually Caroline disappears and Evina, Azzi and Paige start pushing Saylor out of the house.