Mary Gets A Job.

"Hey uh Max, who was that guy getting arrested..?"
"Just a criminal. He robbed out jewellery shop last night."
"Is this why you skipped work?"
"I had to. Who knows if they're gonna rob us again if I didn't have them arrested."
"True...Um...The 2,000 dollars you gave me, I uhh..."
"What?"
"I...."
"Mary just speak to me calmly. Even If you insulted me I wouldn't be mad at you."
"I...Brought this suit for you..."
"What? FOR ME?"
"Yeah...Consider this as your birthday present!"
"My birthday....Present...?"
"Yeah, isn't it March 29th? I know you haven't celebrated your birthday in a while..."
"Mary...How did you know..?"
"I was talking to Damien and he told me."
"Wow...It's so thoughtful of you to remember my birthday. Thanks so much! But really, you shouldn't be buying me a gift!"
"Max, just take it don't be so humble."
"...."

Max had a shy smile with a blushed face once he saw that the suit was perfect for him. The suit was beautifully black. It was long. And it had a cool black hat.

"You seriously bought a...Suit...For me..?"
"Yeah, wait...WAS IT NOT PERFECT? OH MY GOSH, DID I GET THE SIZE WRONG? OH GOSH I AM SO SO SO SORRY! ISN'T BLACK YOUR FAVOURITE? OH I'M SO SORRY I-"

Max immediately hugged Mary. She was speechless. This is the first time she ever got a hug from Max. Max was holding her tightly.

"Max...? It's okay just tell me you didn't like it."
"Mary, I love you so much."
"WHA?"
"NO NO WAIT I MEAN I LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE VERY THOUGHTFUL! I didn't mean it like that! I meant to say that no one has given me a gift for a very long time. I never expected a person like you....Give me something I'd appreciate so much."
"Wow...Max I'm glad you liked it! You can send me a picture at home when you wear it."
"Actually, I'm going to work right now, wanna come? I think you said that you wanted to apply for a job there?"
"Oh yeah..."
"Come on. This restaurant is very fancy but people don't come here very often."
"Oh, seems...Underrated."
"Underrated YES! The place is underrated. The real reason it wasn't really popular because they didn't have much food choices on the menu. It's some basic things in there like a chicken sandwich, lemonade drinks, scrambled eggs etc."
"Ohhh...Let's see how it is."
"I'm actually friends with the owner. Her name is Natasha. She owns that place. Maybe she'll put in a good word for you."
"Okay!"

Max and Mary, both went to the restaurant. As Mary stepped her foot in it, she could see various kinds of decorations the place has. So many fancy things, the place was very large too.

"Wow...This place is beautiful."
"Like you."
"What?"
"I said I think so too. Anyway, look, Natasha's there. See that black lady in a brown coat? Go talk to her."
"Uhhhh ummm...."
"Oh right, you are very nervous around people. Here I'll go with you."
"Okay...!"
"HEY NATASHA!"
"???"
"Over here!!"
"Oh? Hey Max. I see you're...40 minutes early."
"Yeah because one of my friend wants to apply for a job too in here. Is it possible?"
"Hmmm...Only the chef position is available."
"Chef...?"
"Yes. What's your name sweetie?"
"Mary..."
"Mary what?"
"Mary Sparrow."
"Ooooh I like sparrows. Anyways, dear I have to know some things about you. Max, you can go back to your duty."
"Mary, are you okay with me going?"
"Yes, yes I am. You can go."
"Okay..."

As Max went back to his duty he kept an eye on Mary. He knows she gets triggered by aniexty. Just like him. After a couple of hours, few people came and Max tool their order. A white lady asked for some scrambled eggs. Though, when she was trying to reach her phone, the glass of water beside her almost fell on the floor until Max caught with his amazing reflexes. The lady was surprised to see this. Max wasn't even looking too. He was busy writing the orders of his customers. After a few hours, his shift ended. He talked to Mary and she said she got accepted, as a chef. Max became a little upset cause he wanted the chef position. But he's happy for her. Mary is also happy for Max, and Max is happy for his suit. Natasha is happy for the existence of sparrows. Eh. The last line wasn't really necessary but-

"Here you go again. This stupid narrator literally talks over everything."
"Max who are you talking to?"
"This idiot right above me. I think her name's....Azrin or something? Pretty lame if you ask me."

You suck Max. Remember, I created you. I can literally make you guys have kids.

"SOMEONE GET THIS NARRATOR OUT OF HERE!"

(TO BE CONTINUED)