School → Apartment

"Dude! What the hell?" That's one of Archer's friends.

"Er." Archer stares suspicious, unsure how to react next.

"Not cool, locking us out. See you in 6th period?" The friend waves at Archer, looking a bit disheveled.

"Hey- There's blood on your shirt.." His comment to his friend is spoken on deaf ears as he walks in the opposite direction.

All of them walk out as if nothing happened.

They walk almost in unison, doing everything together like before. Their steps are so in sync, it almost reminds Archer of a marching band.

Most of them look fine, but the people who don't..

Some of them have blood on their face. And clothes. Some of them have their hair messed up. He sees a lump of hair fall on the floor as someone walks out. He can see lost patches of hair on-

He looks away, feeling uncomfortable.

Max passes out on the floor as he walks out. Archer rubs his eyes.

"Damn. I thought they were gonna chase us." Archer turns around to see Santiago still standing beside him, looking right at Max.

"and I thought you were gonna leave."

"No." He's wiping at his leg, which has remnants of the earlier scenario.

"..you okay?" Archer asks a bit weary.

He shakes said leg. "I'm fine.

..By the way, if you're from that class, shouldn't you be with them? Like, acting like that too?"

Santiago stares at Archer, inexpressive. Then his brow furrows.

"Are you okay?" Santiago probably sees an Archer who looks like he just started rehab.

"..Eh, I'm okay. Just a bit shaken. I think I don't understand the weight of this situation. It'll settle in later." He smiles.

"Got it." Santiago pulls out his phone, and dials 911. The teachers can deal with Max.

Archer finds this guy being so calm a bit intimidating.

The lunch bell rings for 4th period.

=

"I'm leaving early."

The other nods.

Archer now stands outside of the school with his new buddy, Santiago. Who isn't much of a talker.

"You don't have many friends, huh? Don't worry." Archer pokes at him.

"...Sure." Santiago glares. "Like i'm gonna stay in there from what I just saw."

"Reasonable.."

..

"Sooooooooo.

What're you gonna do?"

"Do you have a car?" Santiago shifts topics.

"Yeah, why?"

"I ride on bus, and my house is an hour away."

Archers eyebrow raises. "Why don't you just go to another school closeby?"

"This school has the best team. Track team." Santiago states as fact.

Archer shrugs. "I don't run anymore, so I wouldn't know."

Archer proceeds to take his keys out of his backpack. "If you're implying you want a ride, I don't feel like driving an hour. Too much gas."

"..." Santiago gives Archer a look, which makes him feel a bit guilty.