𝟢𝟤𝟦,𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐛𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐚

As Janson and Teresa are having a tense conversation in the elevator, Joan, Gally, and Thomas watch them.

All three of them really have the urge to kill Janson.

But as if it is an unspoken rule, no one does anything until the doors open and they quickly walk away, Thomas's shoulder bumping into Janson's.

"Come on." Hurrying, Joan walks next to Teresa. Gally is behind them and Thomas in the front. She doesn't speak. No one speaks. They just walk and walk and walk.

It's going so well. Almost suspiciously well.

Though by the time they've reached the place that Teresa calls the medical wing, an alarm is blaring in their ears.

"Act like you're searching for us, too," Gally commands, referring to the guards around them.

Joan's hand tightens around Teresa's upper arm. She's losing her patience... and her temper. "Where are they? What were they doing to them? Why are they even in this part of the building?"

With wider eyes, she replies. "They— Minho had good results. I'm not sure, but I think they believe he is the cure. Camil— I don't know. They didn't tell me everything." 

"Where?"

Thomas freezes, and elbows Joan in the side. "Don't do anything too obvious. But uhm, look to your left."

Her head immediately snaps toward the place. And just like the first time she saw this boy, she has to look down. Because there he is, in his wheelchair, with a doctor behind him.

He's not wheeling himself like the first time she met him, though. The doctor is, and Camil only seems half conscious.

"Just quietly follow them and—"

Unfortunately for Thomas, the doctor has already fallen to the ground with a bullet in his chest. Joan tucks her gun away. Pulls her mask off and bends down in front of Camil.

He barely gets time to see what's happening; her arms have already wrapped around him, so hard that the wheelchair rolls back a bit.

"Oh my god!" She repeats it over and over. Squeezes him so hard that she's afraid she'll harm him before they even get the chance to speak.

When she lets go, his mouth is wide open. "Joan?"

"Yeah." She laughs. "Oh, it's so good to see you again." And she hugs him again before getting up.

"We should probably get out of here before we get shot," Gally warns. They all look at the panicked people around them for a second.

"You're right," Camil says, getting up. "Let's go."

Joan lets out a scream, slams a hand to her mouth, then gasps. "What the fuck! Camil— your legs— since when can you walk?"

"They did some weird shit to me. Science these days." He shrugs as if he didn't just get cured from paralysis. "Come on. Hurry."

Her eyes are still wide as they start walking. Unfortunately, they have been spotted by multiple people. Panic increases. Makes her chest heave.

"In here!" Thomas opens a door and slips inside. The rest follows, fast.

When the metal door slams closed, it's suddenly very silent. Their heavy breaths are the only thing audible.

"We need to find Minho. Any idea, Camil?"

The boy shakes his head.

"Okay. How about Teresa and Camil stay here with one of us, too? The other two go get Minho. Bring him to us so we can then return to Newt and Brenda. Yeah?"

"Alright," Joan agrees. Curious, she takes a step around the pace. "Where the hell are we?"

There's some kind of tanks here. They seem heavy, and contain water and objects that give vibes like Grievers.

Thomas raises an eyebrow. "Teresa?"

She shrugs. "I don't know. This room was forbidden territory. Very forbidden."

With a scoff, Gally picks up a jar that's on one of the tables. It's closed with a lid. Inside is a tangled mess of dreads. No one can really place what it is.

Soon, the group has spread around the place. Might as well wait for everything to calm down before they go back out there.

Joan taps on a few glasses too. It's quite spectacular, especially for someone who likes science and chemicals. Maybe not Grievers, though. But it's still interesting.

But then the sound of glass shattering enters her ears, her heartbeat speeds up. "Everything okay?"

No reply.

"Guys?"

"Oh my god," Gally gasps.

"No," Camil says. "No. No, no—"

"Guys?!" She repeats, rougher. The girl starts making her way to them.

She sees Thomas first. His face is pale. Expression more shocked than ever before while he stares at something. The same thing Camil and Gally and Teresa are staring at, all in pure horror.

When Gally looks at her, an emotion she has never seen before is written all over his face. Then he looks back at whatever is in front of them, and looks back at her again. The color drains out of his face.

"What?" She almost takes a step back, slightly afraid. "What's in there?"

"I can barely explain," Teresa breathes. Just like she said, she must've never been in this 'forbidden area' before, and she looks as frightened and shocked as everyone else.

"Look for yourself."

"More like... at."

𓆙

A/n: damn

Lmao, any theories on what they saw??