Short story: Shadows of the Past

Hana is a warm and kind hearted girl. From childhood no one ever showed her what true love was.

Ren was her first love! An insatiable narcissist who managed to grab her attention.

Later he got bored and dumped her for someone else. Yet he crawled back to her because he loved her attention on him. The poor girl didn't know about this and fell for his manipulations. She always accepted him back as she was craving love.

When he got married to another girl she was shattered. Seeing him getting a happy ending that he doesn't deserve made her sad.

Why is she the only one suffering when she's the victim herself?! She doesn't regret it, but sometimes, she wished she could have walked away from the start.

Something inside her isn't feeling right. It's like she's deteriorating in silence. And the problem is, no one beside her could even suspect that there was something wrong.

She wished to be carefree & happy like everyone else. But with every layer that kept on adding up around her heart, she couldn't open up again even if she wanted to.

She built up the courage and asked for his confession at last. She had no idea how she was going to accept the truth. She may cry or get angry or even regret asking. But she wanted to hear everything without the filter of her intuition.

Later, when he confessed his mistakes and said he was sorry, she didn't feel anything. Nothing at all. She no longer needed that. He was too late!

She used to forgive him as many times as he wanted. She didn't fell for fake cries and pleas this time. She decided to break free from this trauma bond forever. For herself! She decided to heal. So she can forgive herself for the dumb decisions she made! She understood only she could fix her broken self.

Now, the place he always went back to boost his ego is nowhere to be found! He too realized that he had ditched the person who loved him truly. With karma, no patience is too much patience, right?

Now that she has realized her self worth and moved on, isn't this a happy ending too?!

Maybe! But it was not that easy...Let's unravel the journey!