44. Dante

HAPPY WIFE

Steam painted the shower glass white, partially blocking Lianna from my view. Although I was devastated about Annabella's fate, I was fucking livid about Carla having to go another week without hearing from me. I didn't want her to think that I had abandoned her.

The guard cleared his throat, reminding me that I wasn't alone with Lianna.

"I will leave you two to it, but I won't be far." His footsteps echoed on the bathroom tile, and I heard the soft thuds on the carpet before he walked out of my bedroom.

The door fell shut behind him like the lid on a coffin.

Shaking my wet hair, I stalked toward the bedroom. Lianna stepped forward in her twelve-thousand-dollar gala dress, a towel at hand. Her eyes wandered over my taut stomach and lower still to my hanging dick as I walked.

Ignoring her lustful gaze, I grabbed the towel from her without saying a word and aggressively ran it over my damp hair. Side-eyeing her, I wrapped the towel around my waist.

Lianna followed me to the bedroom. For a moment, she just stood there, awkwardly watching me as I applied deodorant and searched the closet for something to wear.

"You need to leave," I said lowly.

"Do you want him to kill your wife?"

"Mathias is bluffing. Leave."

Lianna moved to the right side of the bed to stand directly across from me, her eyes bright. "Believe me, Dante. He is not."

I angled my head, wondering what was in this for her. "Are you suggesting that we should have sex? To cheat on my wife?"

She opened her mouth to answer, but no words came out.

"What's in this for you?" I demanded.

She shook her head, and this time, when she spoke, her voice was soft, supplicating. "It's not cheating if this will help her to stay alive. Just consider it a transaction with no feelings involved."

"I asked you once, and I won't ask you again. What's in this for you?"

Lianna's lower lip trembled, her eyes widening in fear. "My fiance."

She stared down at the carpet while biting her lower lip. "Mathias threatened to kill him if I didn't get you to have sex with me."

"Then just tell him we had sex," I bellowed, my frustration getting the best of me.

Her head snapped up, her gaze filled with panic. "He's going to know."

She frantically started lowering the zipper on her dress. The lush material fell in a luxurious heap around her ankles, revealing small, firm breasts, a tucked-in waist, and wide hips. She seemed young, in her early twenties maybe, and her body was that of a woman.

I groaned, comparing her body to Carla's, noticing how inferior she was to my wife, especially in the ass department.

"How is he going to know?" I asked. "Are you going to tell him otherwise?"

Dressed only in a thong, Lianna made her way to me. Even the fucking thong reminded me of the ones Carla usually wore. Leaning in close, she kissed my neck.

Before I could push her away, she licked my ear and whispered. "He's watching us right now."

My body tensed, my head lifting to scan the room. Lianna gripped my jaw, stopping my investigation, her long nails digging into my cheeks. "He set up cameras in your room and your sister's too. I saw the footage. Saw you masturbating in the shower even before we walked in."