Just a little more...

Eid Mubarak to all of you 🤍
I know we're living in tough times but Allah has given us Eid as a gift so we should be happy and grateful. This, however, doesn't mean that we should forget the oppressed and become ignorant. We should rather pray for them and help them in whatever way we can.

This chapter is therefore dedicated to all those who are going through struggles, doesn't matter if they're big or small. What matters is you and your existence 💞

Anyway, here's me reminding you to pray before reading this chapter.

Done?

Then enjoy;)

Author's PoV:

“Here, have another,” Hania heard but shook her head as she stared into oblivion. Her new academic session had begun and with that had begun her saga of staying outdoors long after her classes were over.

The situation at home wasn't good.

And while her father's health had not deteriorated that much, she could see their financial condition going downhill with each passing day.

Feiha had taken up a part-time job at a bookstore and Hania noticed how much that extra work was causing fatigue in her sister.

“It will get okay,” Feiha had said but the words merely managed to convince Hania.

Hania looked at her friends, all of them carefree teenagers with wealthy and luxurious lives. Anika, a brown haired beauty with round eyes and thick lips, smiled and put her arm around Hania’s shoulder. “Why are you so sad, meri jaan?

I wish I could tell, Hania thought and sighed.

“Take this, you'll feel relaxed.”

Hania sighed again as she fought the urge to give in to her desire. She told herself that she had already had one an hour ago and too much of anything can prove to be bad. But her mind had become home to a web of unsettling thoughts.

So she looked at Anika’s extended hand and without thinking twice, accepted the second cigarette, lighting it and letting it consume all her worries.

Feiha was at the hospital for her regular checkup when she felt a hand on her shoulder and she turned around to find Ashiya with her big eyes beaming at her. “Hi,” she greeted.

“Hello,” Feiha smiled back, “I'm here for my health check up.”

“Obviously, it's not like one would come here to do shopping or something,” Ashiya laughed at her own joke. Feiha, too, let out a small chuckle. She had met Ashiya once before and she was yet to get used to the latter’s vivacious persona. “Is everything okay? I am sorry if I'm being intrusive.”

“I'm okay,” Feiha nodded. She had just come to check if her menorrhagia had worsened or not. Thankfully it hadn't. “And no, you're not being intrusive.”

“You're sweet,” Ashiya commented and she followed Feiha's vision which was now studying her white coat. “I work here,” she clarified.

They chatted as they walked out of the hospital and Ashiya revealed that Ahan was coming to pick her. “Why don't you let us drop you home?” She offered.

“Oh no no, I don't…I will take the bus.” Feiha shook her head awkwardly. Why are all of his family members so good with me? She questioned herself.

Ashiya would have argued had she not felt a presence behind her that made her turn around. “You're late, as always,” she complained even before looking at the person's face.