Chapter 2

Y/N POV

Danielle's sudden actions took you by surprise, causing you to instinctively back away from her. She notices her own doing and leans away as well while keeping her bright smile intact.

'What the actual heck is happening right now?' You thought as you began being over-stimulated at the sudden events that just transpired. A girl you have never seen in your life suddenly walks up to you and claims to want to be your friend.

“What the heck?” You say, finally putting your thoughts into words.

“Hehe, sorry about that!” She playfully hits her head while biting her tongue.

“Well, that settles it, we're friends whether you like it or you like it.”

This girl was too much for you, the two of you just met and she's acting like she has a say in everything that you do, it made you want to snap at her. Before you the chance, however, she had already started to walk away from you and out of the classroom, giving you a cute wink before finally leaving.

After the whole interaction, you can feel the uncomfortable stares of your classmates piercing through your skull, as if they wanted to end you right then and there.

“How dare he have a casual conversation with the Danielle Marsh?”

“Yeah, not even willing to shake her hand?”

“Fuck this guy.”

'Like I was the one who wanted to talk to her?' You raise an eyebrow as you stare down your classmates. You grumbled and covered your face with your hoodie, not wanting to deal with any of the bullshit.

_____________________________

It was finally time for lunch, an opportunity to get away from the crowd and enjoy some alone time with yourself. You hurriedly packed your bag and bolted out of the classroom, letting your feet lead you to a familiar place.

After going through a tiring, few flights of stairs, you've finally reached your destination; The Rooftop. You sighed in content, the fresh air of having no other people around relaxed your state of mind.

Especially after what happened in the classroom, a well deserved isolated break is what you needed.

“Finally, some peace and quiet,” You whispered, sitting on the floor and leaning towards the short walls barricading the rooftop. Your eyes began to feel droopy as you enjoyed the cool breeze that hit your face with the sun shining perfectly on you, it was pure bliss.

Some people might think that being alone is depressing, but you didn't mind. You were used to it, you had to get used to it.

As you were finally getting comfortable, the doors of the rooftop suddenly busted open, startling you from your drowsiness.

“What the hell!?” You yelled in frustration and glared at whoever it was who disrupted your alone time.

“Ahh! Fresh air!” A familiar voice cheered, spinning around in circles in excitement. After her little childish act, she finally noticed your presence and gasped.

“Omo! I didn't know you were here, new friend! Hello~!” She giggled, waving her hands at you as you continued to stare at her in disbelief.

“You've got to be kidding me,” You muttered, covering your face with your hands. All you wanted was some alone time and this girl just had to pop that bubble.

She skipped towards you and sat down at the empty space beside you.

“What are you doing here on the rooftop all alone?” She asked, striking a conversation with you. “Shouldn't you be at the cafeteria? It's lunch time, after all.”

“That's none of your business,” You answered, removing your hands from your face but refusing to look at her.

You seriously wanted to just get up and leave because you don't feel like talking to her at all, but it'll also be a waste of time and energy if you did. The thought of having to find another place to be alone sounds like a pain in the ass.

“Eh~? But we're friends now, remember?” Danielle stated, crossing her arms and puffing her cheek. “Whether you like it or you like it, we're friends now.”

“I don't need friends,” You rolled your eyes at her.

“And why do you think that?” She pressed, moving her body slightly closer to yours. You felt your breath hitch at her question, but you didn't want to back down from her.

“Because it's pointless,” You coldly answer. “They're more trouble than they're worth.”

You hear her exaggerated gasp from beside you.

“That's not true! I find them to be so much fun! They bring joy and laughter daily, and they support me in times of need!” She defended, disagreeing with your reasoning.

“Whatever, I stand by what I said,” You click your tongue, wanting to get this discussion over with. It would be a waste of your energy if you continued arguing with her.

You had your reasons, and those reasons are valid for you to think of it that way.

But you didn't want to share that someone you just met.

“Well, I strongly disagree, Y/N,” Danielle huffed, standing up from the floor, seemingly walking away.

“You're finally going to leave me alone?” You smirked, but it was soon wiped away from your face when you saw her standing in front of you.

You also noticed Danielle's usual cheerful expression turned into a more serious one. You scoffed as you couldn't help but find her to be a bit of an odd individual. You're pretty sure she has another gimmick up her sleeve.

“Here's what's gonna happen,” she said, putting her hands on her knees and locking her eyes on yours.

“I'll show you, Y/N, that having friends is not troublesome at all. It's about finding people who will appreciate and support you no matter what."

Her expression was stern but sincere. You don't get why she's going out of her way to do this when it's easier to just let it go and leave you alone, never to be bothered again. It annoyed you so much, but you cannot deny the look in her eyes.

She's really serious about this.

You groaned in annoyance and stood up to face her properly. The both of you looked at each other for a while before you sighed and rubbed your eyes with your fingers.

“Do whatever you want,” You mumbled under your breath but Danielle heard it as you heard her make a small, happy noise.

“Yeeeyyy~” she clapped her hands and twirled around. She then walked towards the door to leave, but not before giving you a big smile. “I promise I won't let you down, Y/N~”

And with that, she finally left the rooftop, leaving you to ponder about what you've gotten yourself into.

You found yourself thinking about her but quickly snapped yourself back to reality.

'Tsk, whatever.'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~