Chapter 9

Y/N POV

You arrived later than usual in order to avoid bumping into Danielle, but early enough to catch the sunrise first thing in the morning.

Although there were already a lot of students being noisy and annoying, it was better than having to face Danielle. After the whole breakdown you had yesterday, you spent your time wondering if the decision you had made was the correct one.

You considered the fact that you and Danielle only knew each other for about two weeks, so it would be weird to be treating this whole cutting of ties like such a big deal. She was assertive and pushy for your liking anyway.

"I only need me," you mutter to yourself, eyes fixated on the soft glow of sunshine.

You kept convincing yourself that in order to justify your decision. What's so important about her anyway? It's better to focus on yourself rather than worry about other people, right?

"Oh, it's Danielle Marsh!"

"Woah, she looks serious, wonder what's bothering her?"

"Yeah, and why is she headed to our classroom- oh, she entered."

"Where's Y/N?" a familiar voice asked. "Has he arrived yet?"

Your eyes averted to the last person you wanted to see, standing at the door with your classmates surrounding her. She did her best to acknowledge every single one of them, her smile polite and kind, but her eyes were hastily scanning the room as she searched for you.

You ducked your head down a little, hoping Danielle wouldn't notice you amidst the chaos. But her gaze found yours, burning with an intensity you couldn't decipher. You swallowed nervously as she continued to stare.

Thankfully, the bell rang, signaling the start of classes

Thankfully, the bell rang, signaling the start of classes. Danielle huffed and left, but not before giving you one last glance.

"I wonder what Y/N did to make Danielle that mad?"

"Who knows? I don't even see them hanging out together."

"Give me a break," you muttered as your classmates gossiped, making a mental note to avoid the drama.

Ever since Danielle introduced herself to you, your classmates seem to scrutinize you more, considering that Danielle is one of the more popular figures of the campus.

The look in her eyes showed that she was on a mission, and it clearly involves catching you and not letting you get away.

'Damn it all.'

_________________________________

=================

Recess