CHAPTER -4- Choti soch

"Maa, dwar par aapki bahu khadi hai , Inka graha pravesh toh kijiye.. "

( Mother, your daughter-in-law is standing at the door, please welcome her home...)

Saying this, he shows her a light smile.

A small pot full of rice is placed near her feet and Saanvi is asked to kick it with her right foot, this is believed to bring prosperity.

Then she puts both her feet in the plate full of kumkum and moves forward leaving her footprints behind.

"It is very late, we will do the rest of the rituals tomorrow, till then take her to the room", saying this Rajmata looks at Vikram one last time and goes away from there.

One of the maids comes and takes her to the Maharaja's chamber, and as for Vikram, he goes to his study room.

* The next day

Last night I did not have the courage to go to my own room, not because I am afraid of her, but because I respect her and the sanctity of our marriage.

And when I went inside the room to get ready, I saw that she was sitting in front of the mirror doing her hair.

She looked beautiful in those white dress but we got married only yesterday and why should she wear all white clothes like this and not wear vermilion in the parting of her hair?

I was lost in these thoughts and I did not even realise when she came to me and said, "Move aside, I want to go out."

I moved away from her from some distance and she started going out, then I said, " Rukiye, aap kuch bhul rhi hai.."

(Wait, you are forgetting something)

Saying this I went to the mirror and brought the box of vermilion in my hands.

I was a little hesitant, but I still told her, "You forgot to fill your hair part with vermillion " after hearing this she just kept staring at the box.

Before she could protest against what I said, I filled her hairline with a pinch of vermilion.

Because I am just following the sanctity and dignity of this marriage.

Then I said to her, "wait for me, let us both go to mahadev's temple to worship together, Thik hai."

She said with great arrogance, "Nhii ,humara mahadev par se vishvash uth gya hai ,aap sab jayiye "

" Woh bhakt he kya jiski bhagwan pariksha na le "

(What sort of a devotee is he, whom God does not test?)

"Iska matlab ye toh nhi ki woh aapka gurur he na tode"

(This does not mean that he will not break your pride)

I chuckled and said" Gurur bhi uspe hota hai jispe hume vishvas hota hai .."

(We are also proud of the one in whom we have faith)

Having said this I went to get ready.

When I went downstairs I heard my mother say, " It has been only one day since your marriage and you have worn white clothes. Your husband is alive and this does not suit a married woman like you."

Then I interrupted and said, "Maa, by the way today my wife and I have twinned wearing clothes of similar color, how are we looking.."

Expressing her displeasure, the mother said, "she is a newly wed bride, it does not suit her to wear white like this.."

I says while side hugging her, " Maa , jamana badal rha hai , ab aisi choti soch kya he rakhna heina .."

(Times are changing, why should we keep small thoughts now?)

~. ~.

Please hit the vote button..⭐