CHAPTER 1

L/n stood at the entrance of the quaint town, her heart fluttering with both excitement and trepidation

L/n stood at the entrance of the quaint town, her heart fluttering with both excitement and trepidation. The sign above the wrought-iron gate read "Bofurin"—a name that seemed to echo through her very soul. It was an odd word, one she'd never encountered before, yet it held a strange allure.

"Bofurin," you mumbled to yourself, tracing the characters with her fingertip. "Shield..."

The town was nestled between rolling hills, its cobblestone streets winding like ancient secrets. The air smelled of salt and pine, and the cherry blossoms danced in the breeze. L/n had left her old life behind—the heartaches, the shattered dreams—and now, she stood on the threshold of something new.

||

||

The town held secrets, and she sought refuge in its heart. Café Pothos stood at the corner of the main street—a cozy haven with lace curtains and mismatched chairs. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee enveloped you as you pushed open the door. The bell tinkled, announcing your arrival.

Behind the counter stood the café's waitress. Her hair was a cascade of midnight, her eyes a shade deeper than the sea. "Looking for something?" she asked, wiping her hands on her apron.

"A part-time job," you said. "I'm new here."

"Have you any experience working in a cafe?" she asked you "No, but I need money" you mumbled. A chuckle escaped her mouth, causing you to raise an eyebrow in question

"You're funny, alright, you can start tomorrow. I do need a helping hand" she smiled at you. You looked at her in a strange way, usually people ask for CV's, heck she isn't even interviewing you. She straight up gave you the job.

"Uh...sure..."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Tachibana Kotoha" she introduced herself. You gave a simple nod "I'm L/n Y/n." you said

And that was how you landed a job...strange isn't it...?

Months slipped by, and the once unfamiliar streets now felt like old friends. The regulars greeted you with nods and half-smiles. The days blurred together—the scent of coffee, the rain against the window, and the quiet conversations. You had become accustomed to Café Pothos, yet it remained oddly strange. The sign at the entrance—the word "Bofurin"—it tugged at your memories like an unfinished melody.

You hoped your new life would continue like this. A new life where you have completely moved on from your past.

But that was all about to change.

When he arrives...

To be continued...