CHAPTER 8

It was a beautiful day, and you had finally recovered from your fever, feeling as good as new

It was a beautiful day, and you had finally recovered from your fever, feeling as good as new. As you walked to the café, you noticed Suo and Sakura being dragged along by Nirei, who caught sight of you and waved with a big grin.

''L/n-San! Come hang out with us!'' Nirei called out, beckoning you over. He pulled Suo and Sakura towards you.

''Are you feeling better?'' Nirei asked, his eyes sparkling with excitement, you nodded

''Yeah, can you like get off us!'' Sakura scolded, playfully pushing Nirei away.

''I'm fine now,'' you replied, feeling a bit overwhelmed by their enthusiasm.

''We're going to meet with a friend, come with us!'' Nirei insisted, his smile never fading. You let out a sigh, knowing that you couldn't escape Nirei's persistence.

''Don't force her, Nirei-kun, she has a job to do, remember,'' Suo chimed in, smiling at you. You glanced over at him, but your gaze was drawn to Sakura, who was staring at you intently. You remembered what Kotoha had said to you earlier.

''You're not gonna stop, are you?'' you mumbled, annoyed but also amused by Nirei's persistence. Nirei shook his head, his eyes shining with anticipation.

''Okay sure...let me just text Kotoha then...'' you sighed, pulling out your phone and typing a quick message.

''Are you sure about it? You usually avoid us,'' Sakura mumbled, looking at you curiously.

''I'm kinda stuck in the middle, one side Nirei is gonna keep bugging me, and Kotoha already bugs me, so I really don't have a choice, so I'll just tag along,'' you shrugged, trying to make light of the situation.

...

As you walked towards the meeting spot, you saw an individual waving at you all. You introduced yourself to their classmate, Tsugeura, who introduced himself as well.

''She came to our class once, but I don't think you knew,'' Nirei said, looking at you. Tsugeura looked at you in surprise.

''Enough about me, please,'' you sighed

The four of them began to have a conversation, mostly about fighting. You chimed in occasionally, but mostly listened, as they were engrossed in their discussion. Suo noticed your silence and grabbed his phone, typing something and showing it to you. You read the note, which said,

[Are you okay? wanna head somewhere quiet instead?]

A moment of hesitation passed before you nodded slightly. Your silence had been noticed, and it stirred a concern that warmed you from within. As you and Suo prepared to make your leave, a commotion at the entrance caught your attention. Two individuals walked in.

''What a coincidence to meet you all here~'' he chimed, a smirk playing upon his lips.

''Oh, if it isn't Kiryu-Kun,'' Tsugeura greeted with an enthusiastic wave.

Kiryu, accompanied by a girl, walked towards the back of the room. However, your eyes followed his every move. A peculiar feeling of unease crept over you, prompting you to rise slowly from your seat.

Suo's grip tightened on your hand, his voice calm yet firm. ''Guys, remember, L/n is with us too. Don't leave her out.''

''Suo, right? It's fine,'' you reassured him. ''I won't get upset if nobody talks to me. It's just a bit awkward since I don't know them. You guys stay here. I'll head back. Thanks for looking out for me.''

Your voice trailed off as you turned to leave.

''No, wait! I'm so sorry if we made you uncomfortable,'' Tsugeura exclaimed, his guilt evident. 'Please, sit back down!'

''Honestly, I'm okay,'' you replied, releasing a heavy sigh. ''It's not your fault.''

Sakura reached out and gently nudged you back onto your chair. ''Just stay,'' he insisted.

...

The atmosphere eased as the conversation shifted to the classmate, who had entered with a girl. Sakura's interest in him was evident, eliciting teasing remarks from the other boys. Amused by their banter, you found yourself unintentionally drawn into their shared camaraderie.

Suddenly, Tsugeura turned his attention towards Kiryu. ''Sakura-kun seems rather interested in you, ya now?'' he observed with a knowing smile.

Sakura's face flushed, his usual composure replaced by awkward embarrassment. The others joined in the teasing, their laughter mingling with the gentle hum of the café.

''Ah, so you're Sakura-chan...'' Kiryu cooed as he looked at him. ''Sorry, I remembered your face, but not your name. You were the one who fought Sugi-chan, right?'' Kiryu asked.

''Aye! I bet you wanna know more about him as well, yeah?' Tsugeura chimed in, his eyes sparkling with curiosity.

''Hmm, I'm a bit busy right now. Maybe at school,'' Kiryu said, turning around and leaving an awkward silence among the table.

As the day progressed, the group found themselves in the middle of a chaotic scene. Kiryu had left the café with a girl, and now they were all hearing yelling from outside. Intrigued, they walked out to find several angry people confronting Kiryu and the girl.

''How dare you do that, you b*stard!' the man said angrily, his eyes filled with rage.

Suddenly...

The group behind him were down like the wind, shocking everyone nearby. Suo noticed that you were not there, and his eyes quickly darted over to the group. You were standing there with your foot pressed against someone's chest, staring down at them. Multiple eyes were wide in shock.

''You wanna meet the same fate as these pieces of trash?'' Your voice was cold as you stared down at one of the men. You side-kicked the main one straight in the head, causing him to crash down onto the ground hard. You let out a sigh. ''People like you piss me off.''

Everyone was shocked to see you in action for the first time, but Sakura was watching in awe.

''I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a lot more interesting things from her,'' Suo chuckled

You walked over to Kiryu and the girl.

''You know having someone protect you is okay, but you gotta fight these a*sholes yourself too, or else they'll always think your weak. We women are not weak, society has just made us weak, now whether you wanna stick by that shitty stereotype, then go ahead, but if I were you, I'd learn how to defend myself.'' You said to the girl

''You can't be strong all the time, though'' Kiryu said to you, small smile on his face

''And you can't be weak either all the time'' You answered back

💭It pisses me off to say this, but maybe Kotoha was right...me and Sakura are very similar...''

''You're interesting, I give you that.'' He chuckled

''Whatever, I just did what had to be done'' Was the last thing you said before walking away

To be continued...