A Thousand Times Yes

Charlotte uninstalled her X and Instagram on her phone and huffed, her notification has been through the roofs. The storm had arrived, bringing in huge waves of hate and troll comments. As she had expected, these hate comments were only so much when it involved Engfa.

Unfortunately for her, she not only had to face Engfa's manic fans, she now also had to face Candela's fanclub. She had glanced through a few insults and understood the gist of it.

Haters from all sides were calling her shameless, calling her an attention seeker, telling her to leave Engfa alone. They were saying Englot was over a long time ago, she should have moved on instead of coming back to Engfa. They were saying Candela was more deserving to be with Engfa.

#EngDela vs Englot was on the rise. It was a constant social war that Charlotte wanted no parts of. Her manager, her PA, her head of fanclub, everyone was like sharks wanting a piece of her. She did not even dare to leave her house at the moment.

She swallowed her anxiety pill, and practiced breathing in deeply all day. She was restless, pacing in her house like a caged tiger but the world out there was too scary to venture out. Tofu and Phalo were not enough to distract her, she cleaned her entire house in a manic episode as an attempt to distract her mind.

It was the day after Candela's Birthday Party, the earth had cracked open and released all sorts of chaos into Charlotte's life.

At lunch, her doorbell rang, jostling her out of her thoughts. Not many people knew where she lived and security was very tight, she had a list of names she had given to the security whom she allowed access to her house.

“Char, it's me, Mar!” Her friend's voice called out, Char ran to open the door.

Immediately, she ran into her friend's arms. Marima pulled her into her house and locked the door, stroking her back with sisterly affection.

“Are you okay? Your PA said you haven't been answering your phone. Come, I brought you food.”

Charlotte thanked her gratefully as they started to eat, “I turned my phone off, it's too much right now.”

“So you didn't see P’Engfa’s live and statement on X?” Marima asked and pulled out her phone.

“No, honestly I don't even have the courage to talk to Fa right now.”

“What? Why?” Marima paused.

“I don't know, I guess I feel guilty. We always have so much shit everytime we're together…”

“And that is not your fault, Charlotte. You're simply living your life without harming anyone, how the world reacts is not your fault, do you hear me?”

“I understand that, but I still feel sorry Engfa had to deal with these too.”

“Charlotte, P’Engfa knew what she was signing up for to be a top celebrity, she also knew what she signed up for when she decided to be with you for real. Or else, it wouldn't have taken her 5 years to commit.” Marima said very seriously, looking into Charlotte's tired eyes.

“Is it bad I'm avoiding her?” Charlotte bit her lips, “The truth is, I'm fucking scared she's gonna throw in the towel and ghost me again.”

Marima raises her eyebrows, “Yes, it is bad.” Charlotte opened her mouth to protest before Mar continued, “But it is justified.”

Charlotte slumped her shoulders, “Why is everything so hard for no reason? Look at you, you dated for years and now you're married!”

“It's not all a bed of roses, but I agree your path has more thorns. But before you say anything bad about yourself or your love life, please watch this live first.” Marima pulled up Engfa's recorded live.