Makumi San

My sister, Wang Makumi is getting married, she looks so beautiful in that white traditional kimono wedding dress.
You must be wondering why the Chinese surname and Japanese name, right?
Well it's just that our father is Taiwanese Chinese from Mainland China.

Our father doesn't really like to talk much about his past before he come here in Japan and married my mother in less than 3 weeks right after they met each other.
Strange right? But it's 1940s we are talking about. And today...

After 16 years...

The finally awaited AUSPICIOUS day has decided to enter our lives to make it more blissful, my Elder sister who just turned 16th last weekend is getting married to her long term fiance named Yoshida Kouji.

Father says they are childhood bestfriends, However I don't ever remembering them ever meeting before or playing together, anyway I must be over thinking, haha. It looks so sweet seeing them together like such a cute pair of newlywed couple. How sweet, truly how sweet!. They really looks like a match made in heaven. My hearts feels warm upon seeing how my brother is law is so sweet to my sister and us.

We will finally be able to become rich. And I'll even get to have a rich husband as well, just like my sister.

The guests looks so happy and content expect for my mom...she weeping so much... I am aware my sister is getting married but it's not that she is gonna leave us all right? Right sister! You won't leave us all, RIGHT!!??

I... Feel a sense of solem and disappointment entering my body as soon as they finished with the ceremonies...

Everyone is going to the main hall in the Yoshida family's house as they are to welcome the new bride there, my sister. However according to the traditions We, the family of bride won't be able to join in.

I DO WANT TO SEE HOW THEY WELCOME MY SISTER BUT EITHER MY BROTHER OR MY FATHER IS ALLOWED TO ENTER TO ACCOMPANY HER AND HAND HER OVER TO HER NEW HOME.

I don't have a brother, that makes my family super sad. I'm the last alive child my mother beared before she had fallen sick and couldn't bear the children anymore. It was the late winter cold night, Dad was out to pick up woods, usually he comes home early but not that night.
He came home super late.
The next morning, when we woke up,

WE COULDN'T BELIEVE WHAT WE SAW, THE BLOOD POOL, SHE WAS LYING INIT. SHE till date refuses to say anything other than that Some God came over and she had to give her child my unborn sibling because the God dint have one.

At that time I kind of believe it to be true..but now that I'm 13 this summer, I refuse  to believe this! Something must have happened that made her to not say a world out loud...

I wonder what happened to all those times that she was pregnant and dint end up delivering the baby even if she herself was super weak by continuous year end pregnancies back to back. Why was there no one left alive, why we couldn't see the body of our still born sibling.

I wonder what was so special about the last pregnancy that we suddenly never had to beg on the streets, or people visiting our mom at nights when father was away... She said they were night travels and we had to be "NICE" to them... Suddenly stopped comming and after that we never had to slept outside the house whenever they used to come. Father became warm to us again. Me and my sister Makumi were happy with the change..

Mother..?

We don't know...

She never let us know anything...

Why father suddenly stopped craving for a boy child when he was so obsessed withit just some time before.

I know I'm probably being pragmatic about this whole situation, after all it's a Joyous occasion,

Yoshida's family is an influential family that is related to the Royal family and works directly under the Emperor himself... How powerful they are.. I can't imagine working under the Emperor. The stress, the care you have to put into the smallest thing.

•••

3 months passed by,
My sister Makumi announced she is pregnant,
Does that mean I'm gonna be an aunt??
OMGOSH, I'm so young and I'm already gonna be an aunt?? That's such a blessing from the God.
....
God..? ...
Is he the same God who took my sibling away from our family?
I hope not.
I don't want my sister to give her child to the god.

I visited my sister when the baby shower happened, she seemed kind of thin, is she okay? Is she sick? Her behaviour is different from before. Mother seemed to know what's going on, father doesn't pay attention to it.
Why am I the only one kept in the dark???

Makumi I hope you are healthy and loved.