Jasmine (Prologue)

"You sickening son of a bitch!" I spat bitterly.

Rico's eyes widen with immense fear and his hands instantly stopped groping the girl's butt. His next move was to grab my hands and that costly mistake earned him a resounding slap and a bleeding forehead because I smashed an expensive bottle of alcohol on his head.

I guess I didn't think my move through either because the music stopped playing and everyone had begun to stare at us.

I pride myself on being a well organized female specie, others seem to think I have an unhealthy obsession for meticulously adding even the smallest task to my to-do list. And perhaps they're not entirely wrong. So when I got a text from Gloria saying she might have seen my boyfriend deep throating a bimbo at a club, I was livid. My entire Friday night had been perfectly planned out and barging into one of the most elite clubs in Barcelona to cause a scene was definitely not part of any plans I made.

But hearing Rico scream in pain was worth it .

"You're fucking crazy Jas!!!" Rico screeched holding onto his forehead in an attempt to stop the bleeding.

"You've got some balls to say that shit to me Rico when you're in here getting handsy with some chick."

"Jas,"Gloria murmured, feeling her arm loop through mine, "we should go." Her nervous laughter and gentle tug on our linked arms urged me to leave, but anger pulsed through me, drowning out reason. Gloria, always one to shy away from the spotlight, preferred fading into the background. I should have heeded her advice and preserved my dignity, but fury clouded my judgment.

"One week, it's been just a week since you said you needed some space. You made me think I was the problem."

"You are the problem, you psycho!"

I stopped myself from going in for another slap. The nerve of this bastard.

"You know what, fuck you Rico,we're over" I turned to the girl that he was getting it on with, "He shares a toothbrush with his pet dog."  I said to her and her face morphed from fear to disgust.

Petty but true. Rico wasn't the most hygienic creature.

Before Rico could utter another word, I swept towards the exit, Gloria by my side. We navigated through the throng of people, grateful for the timely assistance of security. The prospect of being forcibly removed from the club was a blow to my pride, but I swallowed my wounded ego and pressed on. As for the bottle of alcohol I had little doubt it would find its way onto my father's tab, adding to his displeasure.

As we stepped out of the club, the cool breeze brushed against my skin, a welcome relief from the stifling heat inside. Despite my efforts to maintain a composed façade, I felt my resolve falter. How had it come to this? Rico's suggestion of taking a break had blindsided me. I had believed our connection was special, our relationship solid. Yet here I was, betrayed by misplaced trust. Tears welled in my eyes, a painful realization washing over me as I acknowledged the cracks in our once-unshakable bond.

"Sergio is on his way to pick us up," Gloria interjected, interrupting my train of thought. I swiped at the tears staining my cheeks with the back of my hand, a silent admission of my vulnerability. I shouldn't waste tears on a jerk like Rico.

We settled onto the sidewalk in silence, and a pang of guilt washed over me as I realized I'd likely ruined Gloria's night out. In an attempt to lighten the mood, I blurted out, "Are you still sleeping with Sergio?"

Gloria's cheeks flushed crimson, and she whipped her head around to stare at me, her eyes wide with shock. "No! Why would you even ask that?!"

"I mean you were—" I started, but Gloria cut me off abruptly.