Part 5

Harper just came into the house with a bag of groceries when she noticed a weird smell. Vampire. Harper barley managed to put the bags on the table before she rushed to the living room and found Charlie on the couch. 

"Charlie?" Harper rushed to his side, grabbed his shoulders and shook him. "Charlie." 

Charlie jumped up and accidently hits his forehead against Harpers. "Ow. Harper? What you scared the shit out of me. Is the house on fire?"  

Harper sighed and grabbed his keys that were laying on the table next to her. "Go to your car and if I don't come back in 10 minutes go to my dad's place.  Is Madison or Bella here?" 

Charlie shook his head and sat up. "No, just me, what's going on?" 

"A vampire was or is here, please go to your car-"

"What? No, I'm not going to leave you here. I can grab my gun and-" 

"And they'll drink your blood before you can pull the trigger."  Harper sighs on the frown on Charlie's face. "Please. when the 10 minutes is up and you leave, I will be right behind you. They probably already left, but I just want to make sure."

Charlie slowly nods his head. "Promise you'll be right behind me."

Harper nods and places a small kiss on Charlie's head. "I promise."

(<><><>) 

After making sure the house is clear Harper walks out and gets Charlie, who happily pulls Harper into his arms. 

After some time, Bella and Madison surprisingly get home at the same time, while Harper is making dinner. Charlie talks to Bella in her room as Madsion talks to Harper in the kitchen. 

"Was there a vampire here today?" Madison asks as she leans against the counter. 

Harper looks over at her confused as she stirs the pot of noodles. "How do you know that?"

Madison smiles. "Jasper dropped me off. He almost didn't leave till he felt you and Charlie. To be honest he is probably going to stay in his car all night just a little passed the house."

Harper chuckles and goes to sink to drain the noodles. "To be honest he might be in your room, pacing back in forth waiting for you to be done talking to me." Harper smiles as teases Madison, she laughs a little when Madison turns red. Madison mutters a small bye and quickly walks up the stairs to her room. 

A little after Madison left Charlie came into the kitchen and wraps his arms around Harper and buries his face in her neck. Harper chuckles as she continues to make dinner. "You, okay? You've been kind-of quiet since we got back in the house." 

Charlie hugs her tighter. "I just hate being useless and off to the side while you have to put yourself in danger."

Harper turns around in his hold so their face to face and holds him. "Im know, and im sorry. But I don't know what I would do if a vampire got you, or Maddie for that matter. It's just safer for you to stay on the side." 

Charlie lets out a childish grunt and pulls her closer. "I know, doesn't mean I have to like it." 

Harper giggles and pulls away and gently slaps/pats his cheek. "I know, now, go get the kids down to eat." 

Charlie smiles and pulls Harper in for a kiss. What Harper thought was going to be a small kiss turns into something more when Charlie puts his hand on the small of her back pulling her closer as his other hand goes under her shirt and rests on her hip. 

Harper lets out a small squeak when Charlie's hand wanders to her bum and squeezes it. Charlie chuckles and pulls back causing Harper to let out a small groan at the loss of contact. "I'll go get the girls." And with that he leaves Harper standing in the kitchen by herself. 

At dinner Madison told her parents what Jasper and the other Cullens thought of at the vampire coming into the Swan house. Bella thought she was too good to stay downstairs for dinner, so she has no clue what is going on.