Taylor rejects you

(Requested)

~~~
"We can't be friends anymore."

You felt your breath hitch in your throat as Taylor says this.

You almost couldn't believe this was happening.

"What?"

"I don't want to be friends anymore." Taylor rephrases.

This was the last thing you'd thought would ever happen, but at the same time, you felt you should have at least expected this as a worse case scenario.

What happened was you had come out to Taylor and admitted the feelings you have towards her, and now, this was her reacting to it. This was what you were afraid of, rejection. Rejection would be something you definitely wouldn't handle well, but you felt Taylor had the right to know of your feelings for her. That turned out to be a mistake.

You were sitting on Taylor's bed with your laptop on your lap, all the while Taylor was in the bathroom as you were thinking things through. You were nearly completely lost in it that you almost didn't hear Taylor coming back. When she did come back, she grew concerned as you unknowingly looked upset and she couldn't just not ask about whatever was going on or heavily bothering you.

"(Y/n)? What's wrong?"

Of course, you immediately try and deny the fact that something was wrong, but she could see right through you.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong. Nothing really."

"I don't believe you. Now, what's wrong? You look upset and I can't help you unless you tell me."

It tooo everything you got, but you managed to find the words to be honest with her.

"Okay, it's just.... I like you. The kind of like that you want to be more than just friends with someone."

For the longest time, Taylor doesn't say anything, it was taking her a while to take everything in but in the end, it didn't turn out as you hoped it would.

Taylor seems to be startled by this, and does the last thing you'd expect for her to do.

"Get out."

"What?"

"I don't think we can be friends anymore, (Y/n)."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Go!"

With that, you left without another word, you left feeling completely devastated.

You were leaving with tears.

~~~
Taylor hadn't meant to come out so harsh like she did, but the truth was. While you'd be under the impression she just didn't feel the same way, only she would know that you were wrong.

That wasn't the case at all.

Once again, Taylor did have those feelings for you, she was just scared of getting hurt if she had somehow misinterpreted what you meant by those words. A little while later, after Taylor had some time to think things thoroughly, she started to her car, wanting to swing by your house to confess, patch things up, and make amends. Once Taylor pulled into your driveway, she couldn't help but feel incredibly anxious.

When she gets to the door of your home, she doesn't expect for you to answer and was quite surprised when you were the one who answered. It was surprising to her that you were as calm as you could be, almost like nothing had even transpired just hours before. Even more so surprising was the unusual way of greeting her, greeting Taylor as if she was a total stranger, making it look as if you haven't already met before. With it being as if you didn't know each other, honestly scared her, she couldn't lose you.

"Can I help you?"

"Do you have a minute? I just want to talk."

"Depends on what it's about."

"About what happened back there."

You reluctantly agreed to let her in, leading her to the kitchen where you were preparing for a meal for yourself.

"Can I get you something to eat?" you offer.

"No thanks. I just wanted to talk."

The two of you took a spot at your kitchen table, across from each other.

Once you were both seated, you gesture to Taylor that you were ready to listen to whatever it is she had to say. You didn't have to say anything, that's the first thing she made sure you knew before continuing. You were silent up until the end, at a loss for words at first, not knowing what to say.

"I thought you said we could no longer be friends, that you wanted me out of the picture?" you say quietly.

Taylor sighs as takes a hold of your hand from across, bringing you to look up at her before Taylor makes another confession.

"I was wrong. I do have those feelings but I was just scared in case I misinterpreted what you meant."

You nod in understanding.

"What do we do now?" you ask.

"Well, I wanted to see if you'd be interested in starting a fresh relationship and making it work things out together. See where it goes, where it takes us."

With a now flustered face, you suddenly felt shy to make the first move to agree to her proposal.

So, Taylor does.

"What do you think?"

"I think... I think I would like that."

Turning back to face Taylor, you give her a warm smile, in which she returns.

"That's all I ever wanted." you say honestly.

"Good."

That's all you ever wanted.

Taylor, a relationship with Taylor was all you ever wanted.

You're now the happiest you ever have been.

~~~
Requests are open!!!