Chapter 9 - Integration

If there was a word to sum up the reports on Olwen Adams that Alpha Landon received from Gamma Josh, it would be 'spotless'.

Other than familiarising herself with the Moon River Pack's various amenities and atmosphere, there was nothing Olwen had done to make others wary of her.

When Cassidy and Josh had started spending time with her in an attempt to get to know their new pack mate and worm out any possible secrets the she-wolf could have, they found none. The young lady was practically an open book, and once they asked about the events that had brought her to the pack, Olwen straightforwardly laid out the full story, stating she had accepted what had occured and was okay with others knowing.

She became a frequent visitor to the bakery, but not to extract secrets from the parents of the Beta. She initiated easy and enjoyable small talk with the older couple as she waited for her orders, hearing their stories of their younger days while she told them of her best friend and younger brother, the former of whom had almost become her second-in-command. Jasper and Nicole were now quite fond of Olwen, and curious indeed to be introduced to the almost-Beta she spoke endearingly of. All this conversation about Stela made Olwen a little wistful - she considered finally giving her friend a call but decided to leave her phone off. Aside from still being unsure about what was happening in the Silver Arrow Pack now, she didn't want to appear as if she was spying on their behalf.

Beta Elijah, who'd already sympathised with her story, had established a friendship of sorts with Olwen. They both liked to read, though Olwen spent more time reading up on the history of wolves and their packs while Elijah, having been taught these all this life, preferred adventure, fantasy and the odd romance novel. He insisted on hiding that final detail from Alpha Landon, given that love (up until recently) was a bit of a sore spot for his friend.

On day three of her stay here, Olwen had seen a notification from the Evergreen Wilds forum - The Silver Arrow Pack was having their Alpha, Luna and Marking Ceremonies, all that day.

Delta Cassidy had held her close, a reassuring arm on her shoulder as Olwen finally and truly came to terms with the fact that Kylie had taken her place.

"Don't think about it anymore. Your place will be with us." Cassidy assured her, as Olwen looked up and gave her a small, sad smile for what could have been.

And Cassidy was right; Olwen's place was now with the Moon River Pack.

......

The official Integration Ceremony was a more well-attended affair than Olwen had thought.

The Silver Arrow Pack rarely accepted new pack members-with Kylie being an exception since she'd been from the pack beforehand-but as Olwen entered the field where the ceremony was to take place, she was sure there wouldn't be so many other people here to see her if they'd done a similar event back there.

Wearing a simple sky blue dress and with her hair tied into a ponytail, Olwen was taken aback by the cheers and applause that went up from the other attendees as she approached. As she walked down past the rows of benches that had been put out, she recognised many whom she'd talked to since getting to the Moon River Pack, wolves who'd started out wary of her but were now excited to have her as a fellow pack member. She also saw Beta Elijah, Delta Cassidy and Gamma Josh all seated near the main platform with their families, all of them smiling at her warmly and encouragingly.

And Alpha Landon, who stood at the platform with his hands clasped. He was trying to keep his expression neutral, but as Olwen neared and stepped onto the platform to face him, she saw the hint of a smile and a flash of adoration in his blue eyes that made her heart flutter slightly and Opal swoon.