Part 10

- Lydia -

'Alright, tell me.' I heard my brother's voice speak out for the fifth time in the last hour.

'I already told you! It's nothing, Ev..' I sighed as I spoke. Turning over my phone to see my phone light up with nothing to show.

'Bullshit. Why do you keep watching your phone like a hawk?' He narrowed his eyes at me. He knew me so well. So so well.

'Fuck..' I groaned as I ran my fingers through my hair. 'There's this woman..' I watch him furrow his brows and I shook my head. 'She's a mother of one of my students..and uh..we have recently became...' was friends right? '..friends.' Yeah it was.

'And? That doesn't answer why you're checking your phone.' I raised a brow and I shook my head again. God my head was starting to hurt.

'I sent her a dm, on instagram yesterday, she read it but never replied.' I shrugged as he narrowed his eyes more, if that was even possible.

'Why does her reply matter so much to you?' He questioned and I found myself repeating the question in my head a couple times over. Why did I care so much? It was just a silly reply. She could have just forgot.

'I just- I do.' I felt my voice trail off as a fidgeted with my chain bracelet clasped around my wrist.

'Ah I see so...you just..do care about a woman that much..?' I rolled my eyes pushing him a little.

'Evan!' I scolded, he was trying to piss me off on purpose.

'Sorry! Sorry! Just be careful, yeah?' he raised a brow and released it when I nodded, gently wresting his large hand on my shoulder. My dad and my brother both had really freakishly large hands.

'I got it, Ev, I'm a big girl now I can handle myself.' I joked with a chuckle to myself. Lili said something alone the lines of that last time I told her I could help her cutting paper. She probably learnt that from her mother..

'Well, thank you for letting me stay a couple days, I really do appreciate it sissy!' He grinned and stood up.

'But?' I continued, knowing there was going to be a but.

'Buttt, I have plans today with old friends, so, games night tomorrow?' He smiled and I nodded, smiling too.

'You know it. Go have fun!' I laughed as he pulled his shoes on way too quickly, coming over to me and quickly placing one hand on my head. A gesture we did since we were little. It was like our replacement for hugs.

'I'll see you later baby sis!' He then let go as I nodded and went straight for the door.

'Text me if you need me!' I heard him yell before I heard the door slam. I waited a few moments before moving from where I was sat. Checking my phone one last time before placing it on the counter. Guess it was time to drown the rest of my morning in books until I had to head to work. God why did I wake up so early.

                                    - Maria -

I felt my babies full body weight on top of me. I shouldn't let her sleep with me so often, but she's been having bad night terrors recently.

I hadn't slept for hours. Not for that reason. I just. I couldn't bring myself to reply to that message. How do you text back something better than that? How do I even type anymore? God I felt like a school girl with her first girl crush again.

I knew she'd be in and waiting for us this morning so I asked Sasha to take Lili. She agreed for the price of breakfast, and I agreed. I just couldn't face her again. Her beautiful, sun-kissed face and bright eyes. Her dimples..god.