The meet cute

Rain has taken the town over for days now, looking outside pondering how fast this week has gone by since moving to this town. Lacy being still the only friend I had since coming here luckily she only lived six houses away from me.

We met up in the mornings to board the bus together and I'd be lying if I said everyday I didn't look forward to getting on that bus and seeing him again.  We had still not spoken to one another but that didn't mean we I couldn't feel the electricity between us. Is it just me? Like most guys   I'm assuming he is shy by the way we end up looking at each other at the same time and he looks away instantly with a hint of pink on the tips of his ears.

The rain had stopped by the time we got to school and I meant today would be the day I finally speak to him!
"Wait for me gosh you walk fast" Lacy says sprinting up from behind me " oh sorry I just" before I could finish my sentence I walk straight into something hard, looking up my mouth drops at the close proximity of the very same person I've been dying to speak to. His green eyes meeting my ocean blue ones
"oh I-I'm sorry" I said . A side smile coming from his handsome face as he continued to pass me down the hall filled with faces I can't make out. All I could focus on was him and the feeling I got when our bodies touched.

"Richard Johnson just smiled at you" Lacy said. Rolling my eyes "it's not a big deal, I bet he smiles to everyone." Speaking what I hoped wouldn't be true.
"Leah I think he likes you"
Lacy exclaimed with excitement " I've known him since kindergarten trust me he doesn't do that to just anyone!"  Feeling the blush rush to my face I did what any normal girl would do..tuck the feeling away out of my head until I knew for sure. I didn't want to get my hopes up for all I knew it could be just one-sided.

Lazily moving through my classes as the day went on I  thanked the stars above for it being Friday. Going to the line at lunch me and Lacy met up and grabbed our food and headed towards a table. All of a sudden I could hear shouting,  looking  around I see Richard and his friends laughing and one of them is rein-acting a baseball move that they must've done at the previous game.  Lacy laughing to herself and she watched the boy play out his moves "That's Kyle white he's been Richard's best friend since second grade, he also plays baseball" Lacy says while blushing. "How come I haven't seen him around?" I asked looking at Lacy's crimson face as she now sees me smiling at her knowingly " you like him don't you?"  Lacy's eyes got big and her mouth did a weird twitchy thing realizing I had just caught her.
" don't tell anyone please..I-Ive honestly been in love with Kyle since the 4th grade when we had home room together. He's super smart and has all AP classes that's probably why you haven't seen him." Hmm I thought to  myself for a second but looked at Lacy and held my pinky out "I pinky promise I won't tell a soul that you like Kyle, especially if you don't want me to. I wouldn't want to ruin our friendship."smiling at each other we went on our way to the table in the far left where we could get the perfect view of the boys. Richard back was facing me and all I could see was his broad shoulders ..taking a moment to really look at him from afar he was 6'4 with dirty blonde hair and big pink lips with an adorable dimple on his left side. His outfit was dark jeans and a white tee shirt that fit him in all the right places he was muscular but lean. I could see why girls liked him. Heck I was definitely one of them.

School finally over with I go to make my way to the bus , Lacy left early in last period to go to the dentist so I knew I'd been sitting alone today . A couple of feet after walking out of the big double doors I spot Richard leaning against the brick wall. Finally seeing me he pushed off it and made his way to me, my heart completely beating in my chest so fast I literally had trouble  trying to catch my breath when he walks up flashinf me his adorable side smile "Leah right?" I look shocked for a moment but nodded not quite able to speak from being so  nervous " care if I sit with you today?"  Not saying anything but just nodding my head we make our way up the steps and to our seat.

After what seemed like forever  I finally had the courage to look at him and say " im Leah" Richard giving me a side smile " I know I said your name earlier remember" feeling embarrassed I could feel the heat creeping on my face while turning to  look out the window "sorry if I made you uncomfortable I was joking, I'm Richard in case you didn't know."  Looking back at each other  I give  him my most confident smile and stick my hand out to say " it's nice to meet you."

One more stop until my house and I was sad the ride went by so fast after we started talking. Finally in front of my house I get up to leave when he asked "Would you like to come to my game tonight I know we just met and you probably have better things to do with your time but I thought we could be friends and as a friend I wanted to invite you."

A huge smile crept on my face " I don't... have anything better to do . I mean to say I'd love to come!"  Smiling at each other briefly we said our goodbyes and went on our way.