Chapter III

On another day, Vincent joined Harley to a theatre where she was going to present her new performance. She was wearing ballet clothes; she was fully covered in white like a bride, a fairy or a Dutch rose one could smell in the bottom of his lungs. He went into the place to watch the event; the room was crowded already even though nothing had begun yet. All the lights were off, only the security torch could lead everyone’s way. He took a seat in the middle, beside an old couple, whose granddaughter was also a participant on stage. The curtains rose, revealing a stage adorned with elaborate sets and costumes, followed by the soft and enchanting notes of an orchestra playing classical music, an opera singer in the back. Harley, dressed in intricate tutus and pointe shoes, gracefully moved onto the stage. She was the ballerina, the lead dancer, who took center stage, her movements fluid and precise, her expression serene and focused, moving in harmony with the music. She leaps and twirls across the stage, her pointe shoes barely making a sound as she lands, her body perfectly balanced and in control. The other dancers moved around her, their movements were precise, creating a mesmerizing and emotional experience for the audience, including Harley’s biggest fan, Vincent, whose eyes were full of admiration. And every move she stepped following the music impressed the boy’s little heart. She was a talented dancer with professional training that one would stare at the beauty of symbolism and art she was spreading in the room. The curtain fell, and the audience erupted into applause, Vincent's face was getting emotional, his knowledge of the scene was familiar to him, it was a testament to the artistry, discipline, and skill of the dancers and the choreographers who created the performance. It was a captivating and enchanting experience that showcases the grace, beauty, and athleticism of the dancers, without forgetting the musicians who brought the performance to life.
When Harley changed her clothes, she went back to the principal door to join Vincent. He was still wiping his eyes from what he witnessed. The girl never thought he’d get that emotional, but he was even aware of the opera name and the music itself. It gave him relief after he met her again, and her caress was more than enough to calm him down.
_ “what are the tears for?” she inquired.
“I didn’t know you had Ave Maria for performance” he replied folding the napkin in his hands “you did excellent!”.